Accountable Now is a global platform that supports civil society organisations (CSOs) to be transparent, responsive to stakeholders and focused on delivering impact. Our 27 member organisations such as Amnesty International, CARE, Greenpeace, Oxfam and Transparency International operate in more than 150 countries.
Together we develop and implement cutting edge cross-sector practices that seek to strengthen CSOs’ relationships with communities, partners, activists, staff and donors with the main purpose of increasing their impact. To this end, we devise new concepts, run webinars, workshops and peer advice groups and we provide support to our organisations to make sure that a more dynamic approach to accountability is embedded in their day to day operations.
Accountable Now works with its members so that they are more open, accountable and responsive to their stakeholders and most importantly to the people they work for and with. To do so, we ask our members to commit to advancing our set of 12 accountability commitments and we also request that they report annually against our reporting mechanism. Their report is then reviewed by an Independent Review Panel which provides feedback on how to strengthen their accountability practices.
To coordinate this process, Accountable Now is looking to hire a Membership and Reporting Coordinator. This person will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Independent Review Panel when reviewing members’ accountability reports, including pre-screening the reports, and coordinating review calls and the sharing of feedback with members.
- Coordinating the Independent Review Panel and
- Providing support to members so that they can take the Panel’s feedback forward.
- Extracting top level conclusions from reports and packaging these so that they are useful for organisations to assess and improve their accountability practices.
- Identifying good practice among members and sharing with the wider sector through written contributions (blogs, articles, research papers, among others).
- Liaising with the membership to identify areas of interest and needs when it comes to accountability efforts.
- Administration of the application and resignation of member organisations.
- Identifying new potential members.
- Undertaking research on accountability issues to be shared with the wider sector.
- Promoting our approach to accountability at meetings and different fora.
- Representing Accountable Now at international events and in engaging with partners and peers.
- The Membership and Reporting Coordinator may also work with other team members to contribute to organisational activities such as the Annual General Meeting, annual workshop, or webinars.
The Membership and Reporting Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the whole Secretariat team, particularly the Communications Coordinator.
Skills and Requirements
- At least three to five years of work experience in the sector.
- Studies in a relevant field, such as Political Science/International Relations, Economics, etc.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Familiarity with transparency and accountability, governance and institutional development.
- Experience in carrying out research and writing short articles/blogs.
- Knowledge on MEL an asset.
- Experience with facilitation and carrying out workshops an asset.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strategic thinking skills are an asset.
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of working with a strong attention to detail
- Good people skills.
- Strong teamwork and resourcefulness
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; Other languages are an asset.
- Proactively research and prepare for a visa or residency permit application in Germany, if needed
What do we offer?
- Working hours: 40 hrs per week,
- Negotiable Holidays: 30 holidays p.a.
- Compensation: € 2800 – 3300 gross per month (depending on experience)
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Starting date: 1 March 2020
How to apply:
Please submit an application consisting of a CV and cover letter to Rocio Moreno Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Please do not include a photo.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Unfortunately we can only contact successful applicants.
Equal opportunity and our values
Accountable Now is committed to ensuring a fair and equal recruitment process, and we seek to recruit staff from all sectors of the community. All applicants will be treated 2 equally, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, social status, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. Accountable Now and its staff operate in line with the following organisational values:
- Openness: We are transparent in all our activities and practice an open culture of feedback between staff members regardless of their position and also externally with any other stakeholders of the organisation.
- Horizontality: We practice a culture of horizontal hierarchies and responsive decision making internally and externally.
- Respect: We are respectful of people’s nationality, gender and religious background. We respect and value every person‘s opinion.
- Self-critical: We have an open culture of discussing failures and improving our work through continuous learning.
- Partnership: We value the expertise of others and want to establish mutual partnerships with everyone we interact with and break up common power structures.