Monitoring and Evaluation Team Member AZAZ - SYRIA
Azaz (Syria) | syrian arab republic
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To do monitoring and evaluation assessments of food security and emergency programs.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Carry out regular monitoring activities at field level for GOAL programmes, including distribution and post distribution monitoring, market assessments and shopping monitoring, using a variety of data collection tools and methods, such as: household surveys; focus group discussions with community members; key informant interviews; and observation check-lists
- Collect/enter data using smartphones (tablets) for GOAL’s programme information management system, ensure data is accurate and it is collected and uploaded on time.
- Participate in data collection for assessment to inform the design of new programs and promote community participation in this process
- Actively engage with the community and promote the participation of all community members (men, women and children) in needs assessment, programme design, monitoring and evaluation
- Support evaluation through organizing field visits and participating as a team member if required
- Receive complaints and feedback from community members and ensure these are registered in complaints and feedback system in line with relevant GOAL procedures
- Any other task requested by line manager.
- University degree/ third or fourth year undergraduate (social sciences, economics, information management, or any other degree with relevant experience)
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working
- 1 years’ work experience at least.
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationships building skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel), comfortable with electronic devices for data collection/entry (mobile phones, tablets)
- Good background about data collection application as like Kobo, Commcare…..etc
- At least one-year work experience in MEAL sector or data collection. .
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances.
- In addition to the above, the monitoring and evaluation Team member is required to abide by and uphold the Core Humanitarian Standards in the execution of his/her duties.
Application deadline is 26 January 2020.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.