Community Outreach Intern
Requisition ID: req3602
Job Title: Community Outreach Intern
Employment Category: Part-Time
Employment Type: Intern
Location: USP - Turlock/Modesto
Under the supervision of the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator, the Development and Logistics Intern will assist with locating and organizing goods for refugees and planning and implementing events that benefit IRC clients.
- Reach out to volunteers to assist with economic empowerment workshops, donation drives, and other outreach events
- Solicit area businesses, service clubs, and faith-based organizations for in-kind donations and volunteer services
- Reach out to property managers regarding current housing needs
- Utilize social media and other communications strategies to enhance advocacy for refugees and to spread the word about volunteer and donations needs
- Book venues for outreach events
- Develop unique strategies for engaging donors and volunteers
- Organize and track in-kind donations placed in storage
- Assist with monthly reports and other administrative needs
- Current undergrad, graduate student or recently graduated student with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Public Policy, Economics, International Studies, or a related field.
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential documents and sensitive information
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Expertise in cross-cultural communications
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Facebook
- Driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
- Experience with event planning, fundraising and/or marketing/communications preferred
This position reports to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator
- This is an unpaid internship. Work-related driving is eligible for charitable mileage rate reimbursement.
- Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than one year post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation are available.