Programme Management Associate
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The Programme Management volunteer will work under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Specialist/Team Leader and the Programme Analyst of the UNDP Thailand. On regular basis, the volunteer will work closely with the Programme Associates and Project Teams to ensure corporate compliance and effectiveness. The volunteer will be a member of the UNDP Thailand Country Office team and is expected to join the staff meetings regularly.
Administrative, Programme and Financial Management Support
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Inclusive Green Growth and Sustainable Development Team and associated projects; Handle travel services for staff and meeting participants;
- Support to resource mobilization and consolidate the data from multiple ATLAS financial reports. This includes expenditures and commitments monitoring and tracking;
- Support in maintaining the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
- Support in undertaking timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Create requisition in Atlas, register of goods receipt in Atlas, make budget check for requisitions, purchase orders and vouchers;
- Support Team in preparing expenditure records, and support project managers on budget management, and review and monitoring of project budgets;
- Support the team on recruitment for project related-staff/consultant/intern; assist in preparing the TOR, selection memo, budget, and coordinating with candidates
- Assist the team to proceed with contract requests (Individual Contracts, Institutional Contracts, Contract for Professional Services, LTAs) and and ensure supporting documentation needed for contract files is obtained.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes for project under IGSD ensuring compliance with UNDP policies and standards
- Work closely with procurement team to plan and manage procurement and operational activities.
Effective programmatic assurance of projects
- Assist in monitoring timely implementation of planned activities, assess the progress toward and the achievement of planned targets in accordance with Annual Work Plan (AWP);
- Assist in the enhancement of AWP quality and project revisions, ensure that activities, targets and benchmarks have been formulated according to standard procedures and meet the programmatic standards and agreements with the partners;
- Coordinate inputs for Mid Term Review and/or Terminal Evaluation of the project and finalise documentation, such as Term of References (TORs), work plan for evaluators and auditors.
- Follow-up on the implementation of recommendations resulting from the evaluations; and
- Support Project Teams, when necessary, to ensure that project management responsibilities are met.
Effective team and CO operations
- Support in ensuring project functions are sufficiently resourced, develops, formulates and reviews/revises Job Description and Terms of Reference of progamme/project positions, tracks and monitors recruitment processes ensuring timely actions in recruitment, participates in selection of project personnel;
Support in management and filing of project documentation, ensure that UNDP corporate systems are kept updated and that relevant documents are accessible through the UNDP public website, and internal filing systemQualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- At least Secondary Education in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Science and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Specialized certification in Accounting and Finance in preferred.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow to register on the UN Volunteers' Global Talent Pool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Thailand and legal residents in Thailand with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 17 February 2020