Program Management Assistant
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of UN Environment GSP Project Manager the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- engagement as a resource person in national, regional or international training, workshops and seminars
- support to the countries by consultation in developing terms of reference (TOR) for climate change consultancies
- developing guidance documents
- reviewing draft reports
- webinar presentations
- assisting countries to develop national MRV systems and institutional arrangements
- Managing Communication and providing technical support to the regional MRV networks
A Bachelor Degree in economics, finance, engineering, environmental science or a related discipline or a relevant bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
Any post-graduate training on climate change and energy
A master Degree in the above areas will be an added advantageRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of professional relevant experience that includes development of technical reports or guidelines on climate change topics;
- Proficiency in report writing; conducting research; and providing consulting or advisory services;
- Experience using IPCC guidelines for national GHG inventory development; CGE and/or US-EPA GHG inventory and inventory management systems training materials
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Demonstrated competence in the development of national level GHG inventories, mitigation reports, Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessments
- Familiarity with developing national MRV systems
- Familiarity with developing national institutional arrangements
- Experience working in an international setting, in particular with Non-Annex I Parties is highly valued.
- Preferable to be listed as a technical expert in the UNFCCC GHG inventory review programme for Annex 1 countries, or/and have served/actually serving as a CGE (UNFCCC’ Consultative Group of Experts) member
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Togo and legal residents in Togo with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 18-02-2020