Malakal (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
For Malakal field Office, under the direct supervision of Field Administrative Officer (FAO) Malakal, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate and monitor on a daily basis all the activities conducted in the UN Country Field Office;
- Provide all required administrative and logistical support to staff living and working in the camp to better perform their duties;
- Advise and guide staff on processes, procedures and practices pertaining to administration, logistics and finance;
- Keep the FAO informed on all relevant issues related to day-today management of Field Office;
- Liaise with all Sections chiefs having ongoing projects in the FO and keep them informed anytime it is needed for them to intervene on time when requied;
- Provide Monthly reports to FAO for the Mission support Division reports;
- Prepare and submit Bi-Weekly - MSC Report to Logistics Section in Juba;
- Perform related duties as required.
For Bor Field Office, under the direct supervision of Field Administrative Officer (FAO) Bor, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate activities of the Front Office of the FAO, advise and guide staff on processes, procedures and practices pertaining to administration, human resources, transport, supply and logistics matters. Receive and consolidate monthly reports from different Sections of MSD and submit them to FAO for clearance and then forward to DDMS office in Juba;
- Compile weekly UNOPS Reports for both Bor and Pibor and submit to FAO for review;
- Store and arrange all records for FAO Office and insure their security;
- Liaise with Section Representatives in Bor on adhoc requirements and compile for FAO review;
- Prioritize important incoming correspondence and visitors with urgent requests for timely activities;
- Organize MSD weekly meeting and take minutes of the meeting;
- Support all Welfare related activities and correspondence and compile report as necessary;
- Update Leave schedule and activity boards on regular basis and send broadcasts as necessary;
- Administer the Logistic Support Plan of Akobo AOB (Plan Weekly Meeting, Compile Reports, Follow-up on Action Plan, Conduct Site visitation) as the Focal Point Person for LSP Akobo Phase II in the Office of the FAO;
- Any other admin or logistic task assigned to you by your Supervisor.
Public Administration and management studies.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, management, human resources or related fields;
- Experience in a multi-national organisational environment is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Prior experience in administrative and logistics related activities in peacekeeping or other field operations is desirable;
- Broad knowledge and several years’ experience in administration and logistics;
- Solid knowledge of office procedures;
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.);
- Knowledge of UN IT applications and software desirable;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role;
- Has a sound security awareness.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16-02-2020