Partnerships and Programme Assistant (Thai Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Through the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok and a number of country (COs) and multi-country offices(MCOS) as well as programme Offices (POs) across the region, UN Women builds on a long history of support to governments, civil society and other actors to deliver for women and girls. We advocate for and enhance accountability to enhance women’s political participation and prevent and respond effectively to violence against women. Our economic empowerment programmes seek greater economic security and rights particularly for marginalized groups of women. Other programmes in Asia and the Pacific involve partnering with women in their efforts to engage in peace and reconstruction efforts, and push for gender equality (GE) provisions integral to preparing for, mitigating and responding to disasters and emergencies. To bolster gender-responsive budgeting and public planning, we assist efforts to monitor the different impacts of budget and policy choices on women and men and to mainstream gender considerations across sectors.
Reporting to Head of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization, the Partnerships and Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Partnerships & Resource Mobilization, Advocacy and Communications (PRMAC) unit. This support is achieved by carrying out a variety of general and standardized tasks to help the team drive forward its ambitious plans to expand UN Women ROAP’s efforts to mobilize resources in the region. The Partnerships and Programme Assistant provides also provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth implementation of the unit’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of unit’s initiatives, campaigns and workplan activities to support effective PRMAC delivery
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of the unit work plans, budgets, and proposals on unit implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of unit supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the PRMAC team.
2. Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for unit projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
3. Provide administrative support to the effective delivery of the unit’s partnerships, advocacy and communications objectives
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for events and meetings for high-level participants/attendees (i.e. key bilateral or private sector donors, large conferences or roundtables involving senior government officials, business leaders and/or philanthropists) as well as missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the PRMAC team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents;
- Maintain key contacts database (media contacts, newsletter lists, etc.);
- Maintain and update a system of attendance/absences
4. Provide administrative support to resource mobilization and partnerships
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from bilateral partners, and PRMAC team as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Undertake all administrative duties as required in preparation for meetings/missions with bilateral partners such as the preparation of briefing packages, prepare power point and other presentations, collate materials, and agendas, in collaboration with the PRMAC team.
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for RO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong organizational and event management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or partnership management/support or events management;
- Strong preference for candidates with solid experience in the following areas: partnership development, programming, marketing and communications, project management, planning and coordination of public events and events tailored for high-level audiences;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.