The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Integrated Development Program (IDP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s HUB Valles Altos in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Manage Supervisor’s routine correspondence, determining how best to route certain inquiries and responding to selected messages, maintain calendar, set appointments, and organize travel.
- Compose routine correspondence and draft documents, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Prepare standard reports including but not limited to monthly activity report and TAT report.
- Translate documents and correspondence as needed, from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish.
- Prepare and/or proofread sub-agreements with collaborators.
- Coordinate high-level meetings and manage all logistics; book rooms, organize catering, assemble board packets/documents, communicate with participants before and after the meeting and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Act as liaison between the hub and other institutions.
- Request and host WebEx, Skype, and other types of teleconferences.
- Provide support to other members of the department as required. In absences, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate person.
- Process expense reports and reimbursements, payment advances, and per diems.
- Gather product information for purchase requests and provide information to the Procurement for corresponding quotes.
- Request all vehicle maintenance services.
- Assist HUB team with HR related processes and finance tasks.
- Coordinate with relevant units to acquire computer, office space, vehicle, housing, cell phone, etc. for new staff.
- Process and track vacation time of staff and professional development requests.
- Sign on behalf of supervisor.
- Other activities as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar roles or activities.
- Upper intermediate level in English language is required (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- Advanced competency in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his/her responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Pro-activity, Time Management, and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20119 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, February 21, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.