Requisition ID: req8184
Job Title: Nurse / Tweina Camp
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, emergency nurses must quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients: Identify the medical problem, Document medical history, Check for any allergies and current medications, Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
- Other responsibilities include:
- Moving patients
- Taking blood samples
- Cleaning and bandaging wounds
- Administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
- Filling Health records.
- Update the clinic databases on daily bases and submit the weekly reports.
- As with other health care professionals, emergency nurses are expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a Mobile medical Unit.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Diploma \ bachelor degree in Nursing
- Experience with a reputable organization, in a similar role would be an advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in nursing.
- Diploma in Nursing and/or experience with a reputable organization, including 1-2 years of experience.
- Effective communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in local language and English will be an asset.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by IRC.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.