Business Relationship Manager
- Function title: Business Relationship Manager
- Reference: NOC-NM-2020-AD/183
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations
- Grades for publication: AD7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC/OCB - IT Organisation, Coordination & Business Relations Management Unit
- Competition publication date: 12/02/2020
- Competition closing date: 11/03/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate, "Technology" develops and maintains NMD's mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency's IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The "IT Organisation, Coordination & Business Relations Management" service ensures that activities of the Technology Domain are compliant and delivering expected level of quality. The service addresses areas such as budget, contract management, resource capacity management, business relationships, compliance management, risk evaluation, etc.
Your role will be to:
- be the main point of contact for the customer community (managers, user representatives) for one or various domains (e.g. HRS, Finance, DECMA, NM) and facilitate the interaction between customers’ and TEC in case of process/governance questions;
- understand business strategies and translate business functional requirements into technology requirements and solutions (new services or changes of existing ones);
- collaborate and advise the business on the development of their work programme in areas relating to IT services, and ensure alignment of the TEC roadmap with the business roadmaps;
- facilitate for the business the application of relevant processes (IT budgeting, cost reporting), provide cost transparency and input to the IT business governance processes;
- collaborate closely with TEC project managers and architects to ensure business requirements are met as specified;
- collaborate closely with the TEC service managers to monitor and improve users’ satisfaction with IT services;
- create a network with user representatives to collect, assess and understand business satisfaction with IT services, business IT requirements and to anticipate and advise on requests for services;
- promote IT innovations as new enablers for the business;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. engineering, IT, Business Administration);
- In addition, a minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience in a similar function;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- Experience in strategic project management;
- Relevant experience to carry out the described duties acquired in at least one of the following domains:
- Human Resources, Finance, Communications, Legal or Audit, or
- experience in at least one of the following business domains:
- Network Manager (NM);
- Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation (DECMA);
- Central Route Charges Office (CRCO);
- Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC).
- Relationship management.
- Drafting skills.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular job, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.