Head of Unit Account Payable
Post Number : BFM 058
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Finances
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 16-MAR-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the CFO and the direct supervision of the Chief of Finance and Accounting Section (FAS), the incumbent of the post will lead a dedicated team of the Accounts Payable function, ensure that all accounts payable transactions are correctly accounted for, and that the accuracy and completeness of UNESCO’s accounting transactions are in line with the financial regulations and rules, including IPSAS compliance. He/she in particular will:
• Ensure timely payments to third parties through various means (electronic transfers, cheques, traveler cheques, payment claims, return of funds, IOVs, etc.); Carry out systematic reviews of transactions and ensure the payment validation process is functioning effectively at all times.
• Oversee the timely reconciliation of all accounts payable transactions, including staff vendor accounts; Analyze regularly the aged analysis and take remedial actions to address long outstanding issues.
• Responsible for the calculation of the accruals and prepayments and the adjustment of transactions in line with IPSAS; Coordinate the audit of the Accounts Payable and provide information and documentation to the External Auditors.
• Assist Administrative Officers on the use of SAP modules and maintain FAQs; Develop training materials and serve as trainer for finance covering Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Fixed Assets and General Accounting; Guide, train and supervise the Accounts Payable staff.
• Produce monthly, quarterly and annual management reports; Highlight areas of risk and propose solutions to issues identified; Undertake regular controls, both for HQ and Field transactions contracts and commitments reviews to ensure that they are drawn and raised in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations of the Organization.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in finance, accounting or related field.
- Accounting certification or significant work experience in the fields of finance, accounting or Accounts Payable.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in finance, accounting or accounts payable of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical capability with ability to look for weaknesses in process and to propose improvements;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft clearly and concisely in English;
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and teams and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment;
- Client oriented with ability to identify clients needs and suggest appropriate solutions;
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Excel;
- Very good knowledge of accounting functions in ERP systems such as SAP.
• Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the development of training material in the field of finance and / or accounting.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants shall include a written examination and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.