Logistics coordinator (M/F) - Nigeria
During the last 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is implementing an emergency response program in Borno state since 2016. The program is focused around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM is running directly 3 clinics In Maiduguri (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin).
A field team has been on site since June 2017 in Damboa local government area (LGA) and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps but also for host population. MdM medical team is supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, the logistics coordinator will lead the development of the country programme logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation. He/she will provide logistics guidance, advice and support to all programme and field sites and the logistics staff in those locations as necessary or as requested. He/she ensure that MdM’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and adhered by the team.
The logistics coordinator wills manage and supervise the logistics team composed by national staff and expatriates. He/she will be under the functional supervision of the logistics advisor based in the HQ.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Define and implement the logistics tools and process
- Assist field logisticians
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing
- Ensure the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization at mission level
- Communicate regularly with the logisticians and the general coordinator in order to ensure good understanding of the logistics activities and logistics priorities of each one
- Be responsible for all communication related to logistics issues with the logistics referent based in HQ
- Perform the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistics tasks of the mission
- Be responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the logistics referent in HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc.
- Manage and supervise the rehabilitation of the health centres (including waste management and infrastructure)
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses
- Support the medical team particularly on transportation
Procurement & supply chain management
- Ensure the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases)
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt
- Ensure that the filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained by the logistics team
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity
- Be responsible for the definition of the logistics department staff set up, and preparation of job description
- Be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management
- Facilitate the communication within the logistics component of the team and between the different members of the team on logistics issues
- Be responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff
- Be responsible for the capacity building and training of all logistics staff
- Brief and debrief staff on logistical and technical aspects of the mission
- Participate in the development, review, implementation, diffusion and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country
- Ensure security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission
- Ensure the safety of offices, guesthouses
- Monitor the security context and any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required
- Compiling all security incidents in MdM area of intervention received from general coordinator and fills the security incident follow-up
Meetings, representation and reporting
- Attend MdM monthly coordination meetings
- Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks at national level and actively networking
- Attend national logistics or security related external meetings (clusters, Humanitarian Forum sec meeting…)
- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistics report
- Organise regular meetings with the logistics team, in order to share all information and problems, finding solutions where necessary
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status :** Employee
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: April 2020
Gross monthly salary: 2.816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
R&R policy every 3 months
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM, 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience in working in an international NGO working in emergency contexts
Experience in fleet management, security, supply chain, stock
Experience in managing a large team and work in an international team
Good writing and communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
Flexibility, Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
Ability to communicate effectively with informants and contacts from widely-varied organizations and agencies
Leadership / team player
Respectful and diplomatic
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
Languages: English is mandatory, knowledge of Hausa, Fulani or French is an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Interested? Please apply (CV + cover letter) via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JdbecQZj?idpartenaire=128