Requisition ID: req8552
Job Title: Community Health Promoter / MMU Raqqa Countryside
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Health Educator is responsible for recording un-vaccinated children under 5, pregnant women for ante-natal check-ups, health & hygiene education and establishing a referral mechanism from communities to facilities in the IDPs camps in Al Hassaka governorate. He\she will also be responsible for recording the community activities and submitting the reports to his/her supervisor.
- Conduct Camp mapping (households, under-fives, pregnant women)
- Will provideon a daily basis 8-10 health awareness sessions within the clinic
- Record health related vital statistical data and population data.
- Conduct Hygiene promotion activities (campaigns, group discussions, home visits focusing on proper hand washing , safe excreta disposal, safe household water management)
- Conduct health education activities ( campaigns, group discussions, home visits focusing on danger signs of sick child and early referral, home management of diarrhea and danger signs pregnant women)
- Distribution and positioning of IEC materials
- Complete referral slips and receive counter-referrals; help parents follow recommendations
- The CHP will provide mental health education awareness sessions to teach caregivers, families, and community members to recognize symptoms of emotional distress, and introduce the use of self-help methods.
- Health Educator will inform caregivers, families, and community members about treatment options and will provide information on where to access MHPSS services.
- Document activities and compile monthly reports
- Degree in social sciences, education, health, or;
- At least holds high school certificate alongside equivalent experience 1-2 years in delivery of health messages at community level
- Experience in delivery of health messages at Community level including MHPSS
- Well known and accepted by the community
- Arabic and or local language required
- English language will be an asset
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.