Area Finance Manager - Aden
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring financial management systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to in the area offices
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise Finance staff in the area.
- Play essential role in procurement processes and ensure compliance as a member of bid committee; verify purchase orders for completeness.
- As per the country authorization table, verifies payment vouchers/cheques/cash payments in order to ensure that complete supporting documentation is available
- Responsible for area office payments and signatory changes of all area office bank accounts.
- Ensure that all payments are processed on time and have good overview of the locations of the signatories at any given time
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the financial management policies, procedures and practices
- Facilitate and support the country Finance Manager in audit preparations and close-out.
- Maintaining overall budget control; provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the Area financial status.
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate for review and consolidation by the country Finance Manager
- Ensure accurate, reliable master budget is in place and updated
- Support budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budget proposals.
- Responsible for the implementation of anti-corruption procedures and policies in south area offices
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operation Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes by participating in assessments and response analysis discussions
- Provide support to country programme when an additional external support is required i.e. during start-up, emergency response phases of operation and closing down of a country office.
For more details refer to this Job Description
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal (Arabic is an advantage)
- Education degree in Finance or accounting
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding
Job Grade: 8
Travel: 40% within Yemen
Duty station: Aden
These are two positions to be filled: Open to both Yemen Nationals and International applicants.
* Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply*
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.