- Function title: Procurement Specialist
- Reference: NOC-NM-2020-FGIV/211
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades for publication: 13/15
- Type of post: Junior Specialist (FG-IV) (13/15)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: NMD/BCS - Business Coordination service
- Competition publication date: 11/03/2020
- Competition closing date: 22/04/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
As the Network Manager, the Network Management Directorate(NMD) keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The "Business Coordination" service develops and maintains the Network Manager (NM) Business Strategy, develops and coordinates the management of programmes across NMD and for coordinating the planning and control processes.
You will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- Analyse procurement requests, provide guidance and advice on procurement procedures, and establish specific purchase or sales agreements in accordance with EUROCONTROL’s Contract and Financial Regulations;
- Consult suppliers in order to obtain the best prices and commercial conditions, and ensure acceptance of applicable general terms and conditions as well as other specific requirements;
- Negotiate and draft contracts while obtaining the best legal guarantees, prices and commercial conditions;
- Prepare procurement and sales matters, and present them at the relevant approval bodies within EUROCONTROL and draft related minutes or reports;
- Provide advice on procurement and sales matters especially in relation to legal, contractual, insurance and intellectual property rights aspects;
- Contribute to the improvement of existing purchasing practices by working on new solutions or recommendations concerning internal procedures and terms and conditions;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in Law, Procurement or Contract Management;
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience in procurement and contract management;
- Experience in drafting complex contracts and agreements;
- Understanding of European law and contract law;
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of public procurement rules and regulations;
- Experience in IT procurement;
- Understanding of general financial principles.
- Experience in the use of MS Office applications; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and experience or understanding of SharePoint;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others;
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards;
- Organisational awareness: Is aware of the instruments driving the Agency’s objectives;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French are required. A thorough knowledge of French (oral/written) would be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 3 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tipson how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.