Education Project Manager - Aden
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight of NRC education activities in the Area, ensuring quality standards; conducting field visits and ensuring that project implementation complies with donors’ agreed requirements, community expectations, global standards, and NRC policies; and managing assessments and evaluations. Ensure that education projects accord with the Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies’ Minimum Standards for Education and Conflict Sensitive Education Principles.
- Train new Education staff on Education in Emergencies programming, including INEE Minimum Standards for Education; support staff capacity building by regularly leading training's and workshops.
- Support Education Specialist with proposal development, as required.
- Develop implementation and procurement plans for all projects and track weekly progress against targets.
- Maintain overall responsibility for monitoring budgets; ensuring project implementation staff are adequately trained in tracking expenditure; and working with project teams to improve value for money and cost efficiency.
- Ensure the effective, accurate and timely monitoring, supervision, evaluation and reporting of projects; providing M&E support to implementation staff; supporting the Support and Finance teams with tracking and compiling financial reports; compiling narrative reports for donors and any other project documentation; and ensuring learning from M&E activities is fed back to staff and stakeholders and used for continuous quality improvement of programming.
- Collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the overall programmatic and financial performance of the consortium, including project planning and budget follow-up.
- Develop Ways of Working and Standard Operating Procedures, further integrating the operational delivery of the consortium on a sectoral and inter-agency level. Develop project proposals in collaboration with relevant consortium member staff and coordinate input for reporting to donors.
- Ensure full compliance in relation to grant management and project cycle management processes.
- Ensure quality control of donor applications and reports, for content and timeliness.
- Ensure that all grant files are up to date and that copies are kept in the field and sent to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the consortium’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
View this Job Description for more details
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex contexts
- Technical Education expertise with degree in education or other subject relevant to the role
- Experience in organizational representation at national or international levels
- Experience scaling-up projects and of working with ECHO, ECW funding mechanisms is a plus
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies programming
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
Job Grade: 8
Travel: 30% within Yemen
Duty station: Aden
* Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply*
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.