Advocacy and Communications Director, Syria Response
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Advocacy and Communications Director, Syria Response, you will lead advocacy and communications for World Vision (WV)’s Syria Response, including strategy design and implementation. You will consider key influencers, field level realities and WV’s strengths to determine objectives that advocate for and with Syrian children and children from host communities and leverage WV’s presence, evidence, brand and opportunities. To accomplish this purpose, you will develop policy analysis, positions, messaging and reports on an ongoing basis and advocate externally. This position will also manage communications for World Vision’s Syria Response, overseeing strategic direction and management of a small communications team, to provide support and resources to enable the World Vision partnership to appropriately engage with its various audiences in order to raise funds and the profile of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or a related field applicable to developing country
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Advocacy and Partnering and with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in a complex, international organization.
- Proven multi-partner management skills, especially to engage at a strategic level with senior government, UN and INGO officials.
- Evidence of high level written and spoken English language abilities.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 7 APRIL 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.