Under the supervision of RH/HIV/CHP Senior officer has overall responsibility of TB care and treatment. HIV Testing Services, Linkage to Treatment and Comprehensive Care for HIV positive clients. Planning, implementation, evaluation and management of the IRC TB and HIV program.
- Overall, In charge of TB/HIV Department.
- In coordination with the RH/HIV/CHP Snr. Officer, formulate TB/HIV clinic department goals, objectives and intervention strategies and participate in the budgeting process.
- Ensure that all TB/HIV department activities are implemented as outlined in the grants and all objectives highlighted are met.
- Coordinate all TB/HIV referrals as per the MOH/UNHCR guidelines and act as the focal point for all TB/HIV clinical related activities.
- Review the program activities and priorities on a regular basis updating the RH/HIV/TB/CHP Snr. Officer on gaps and/or provide recommendations on how to improve quality of services.
- Technical and administrative supervision of all TB/HIV department staff, both National and Refugee.
- As in-charge of the TB/HIV department, provide technical and administration work guidelines in collaboration with the RH/HIV/CHP Snr. Officer.
- Management of staff leave plans within the program to ensure continuous program coverage.
- Overall responsible for the day-to-day running of the TB/HIV department including clinical assessment and management of TB/HIV/Key Population patients, conducting daily ward rounds in the TB ward, coordinating TB/HIV patients follow up with CHP and CHWsattached to TB/HIV department.
- Provide technical support to the TB/HIV programs through running the Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC), TB Clinic and supporting in the clinical management of Key Population persons.
- Keep a complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies at the TB/HIV department, monitor and supervise their usage and in liaison with the National TB and Leprosy Program (NLTB) and County HIV Coordination offices also ensuring that there are no stock outs.
- Provision of Community Health Education on the prevention, case definitions and treatment of TB in Hagadera Refugee Camp.
- Support, Supervise and offer HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Linkage to Treatment and Care by optimizing access to testing and treatment services in Hagadera Hospital and Health posts.
- Offering the 8 Standard Package of care for PLHIV; Antiretroviral therapy, PHDP, GBV & Health education and counselling, Screening and prevention of specific OIs, Reproductive Health Services, Screening and management of NCDs, Mental health Screening and management, Nutrition services and Prevention of Other infections.
- Offer TB/HIV co-infection prevention and management.
- Offer HBV/HIV and HCV/HIV co-infection prevention and management.
- Provide ARVs for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP).
- Maintaining HIV/TB programme Monitoring and Evaluation by ensuring the availability, training and proper use of M&E Tools.
Reporting and Coordination
- Submit weekly/monthly/QuarterlyTB /HIV reports to the M&E department.
- Submit monthly consumption reports to the County TB and HIV Coordinators, and RH/HIV/TB/CHP Snr. Officer.
- Ensure all the relevant TB/HIV department reports are submitted to the relevant authorities including UNHCR, MOH and IGAD in a timely manner.
- Keep the RH/HIV/TB/CHP Snr. Officer informed of all developments and issues through situation reports.
- Liaise with the County TB and HIV Coordinators, NLTP and NASCOP to ensure that patients are managed appropriately according to the latest WHO/MOH protocols and guidelines.
- Represent IRC at TB/HIV Coordination forums in Daadab IPs meetings, UNHCR, MOH and others as delegated by the RH/HIV/TB/CHP Snr. Officer.
- Provide linkages on TB & HIV in IRC Hagadera and other agencies in Dadaab refugee camp.
- Explore opportunities of enhanced integration with the Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program, General Clinical Service program, Safe programming, Nutrition and CHP for maximum output.
- With support from the RH/HIV/TB/CHP Snr. Officer, identify and utilize networking and linkages opportunities which are beneficial to the community.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Quality TB/ HIV services provided at the IRC health facilities in Hagadera with no staffing or supplies interruption.
- Timely submission of reports internally and externally to MoH and donors.
- Effective coordination between TB/HIV program and other IRC programs in Hagadera.
- IRC actively participates in TB Coordination forums.