Associate Finance Officer
Post Number : BFM-833
Grade : P-1 / P-2
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-JUN-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the direct supervision of the Chief of Finance and Accounting Section (FAS), the incumbent will be the head of the unit responsible for the Bureau of Financial Management (BFM) centrally managed Master Data in line with defined policies and procedures. The key master data items under his/her responsibility includes external and internal vendors, customers and Business Partner, staff members, retirees, GL accounts, bank master data management.
In particular, s/he shall:
Manage the Organization's Master Data Base in FABS:
- Define and implement policies for key master data items- external and internal vendors, customers, staff members, retirees;
- Ensure in close collaboration with other BFM relevant sections, that master data creation and maintenance are in line with the Organization's policy;
- Ensure that procedures are in place to adhere at all times with UNESCO, United Nations and other International Organizations requirements regarding blacklisted individuals and entities.
Data Review and analysis:
- Carry out regular, periodic review and qualitative analysis of the data base for accuracy and identification of inconsistencies.
- He/She must ensure that corrective actions are taken on issues identified and external audit recommendations on Master Data Management are implemented.
- He/she must ensure that all duplications and other data inaccuracies identified by the External Auditors are addressed. He must proactively monitor and analyze all master data files for continuous improvements in the cleanliness of the data.
Manage and supervise the Master Data Team:
- He/She will manage and supervise the Finance Assistants responsible for data entry, control and upkeep of all master data.
- He/she ensures technical supervision of the Master Data Management operations and Compliance software system.
- He/she provide guidance on complex management of Master data. He must ensure that Key Performance Indicators are set up for the team and regular training and guidance are provided towards achieving objectives. He must lead and motivate the team to ensure that the database is reliable, accurate and update.
- Provide guidance and technical support to Administrative Officers at headquarters and in the Field offices on master data management and the use of the various online applications available (MOUV, PROSPER, APPROVERS MANAGEMENT, etc). The incumbent will ensure in close collaboration with other Services, that the Organizational tools for master data management are regularly updated.
- University degree in Accounting/Business Administration or Economics or an Accounting certification, combined with at least 2 years of qualifying relevant experience, of which preferably l year acquired at the international level.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in master data management, finance or accounting.
- Relevant experience acquired at the international level.
Skills and competencies
- Good Analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Client oriented with ability to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Sound knowledge of SAP.
- Good understanding of IPSAS.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (oral and written) and very good knowledge of the other language.
- Professional experience in the United Nations System.
Skills and competencies
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.