Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Senior Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan; performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings; assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient; creating and maintaining a safe nursing care environment for patient; carrying outpatient audits to improve patientcare; collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support patient and their families; carrying out therapeutic communication with the patient; conducting community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions; documenting interventions and nursing outcomes; participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures; and diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventionsQualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a recognized institutionRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Must be a Resident of the County and already at the duty station
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Knowledge of local language of the duty station will be preffered
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Kiswahili(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After
creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My
Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like
* Note: This is a readvertisement for KILIFI County:-
Only residents who are currently at the duty station indicated above will be considered for this assignment.
Applications must be submitted, indicating clearly the County being applied for
Applicants are required to indicate their current physical address.?