With the growing IRC portfolio in Minbya, the Field Manager will support the implementation of the IRC programs and projects in Minbya and liaise with key and relevant stakeholders including government actors, INGO and civil society organizations to facilitate timely service delivery. The Field Manager will act as the IRC Focal Point for any external meetings including meeting with local authorities and humanitarian actors in Minbya. He/she is responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with township authorities and village leaders. He supports programs and visitors in getting travel authorizations and seeks any access approvals from township authorities. The Field Manager will serve as Minbya Safety and Security Focal Point, prepare or update Minbya Security management plan.
External representation, coordination and reporting
- Foster strong working relationships with key and relevant actors including Township Administrator, Township Medical Officer, Village Administrators, Police, UN, INGO and local NGO.
- Facilitate field visits for donors, government officials and the IRC senior management team in Minbya.
- Participate in external coordination meetings with INGO and government actors and share minutes of the meetings.
- Prepare and submit weekly movement plans to government agencies upon request.
- Provide weekly or bi-weekly updates with Sittwe field management on programs, access and security issues.
- Ensure that the approved Travel Authorizations (TA) are shared with relevant authorities including Minbya GAD, Village Track Administrators and Village Administrators before staff undertake any activities.
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to the approved work plans.
- Support programs in preparing and submitting monthly work plans to the government liaison for Travel Authorization request’s purpose.
- Minbya Field Manager will report to the Rakhine Field Coordinator and will directly supervise Minbya’s Sr. Operation Officer and Finance Officer. He/she will have a dotted line management relationship with Minbya based program leads.
- Organize monthly inter-department meeting to discuss operational challenges and keep records of all meetings.
- Ensure an efficient and rational use of IRC resources including internet, IT equipment and other assets in line with the IRC policy and relevant SOP.
- Keep track on office and guesthouses’ contracts.
- Manage Minbya field office operational budget—Prepare spending plans and participate in developing the Rakhine operational budget.
- Ensure that the IRC policies, procedures and SOP are shared and followed across all sectors.
- Participate in monthly internal coordination meetings in Sittwe.
- Ensure Minbya based staff submit their timesheets on time.
- Compile weekly and monthly staff movement plans.
- Report and advise Field Coordinator on any access issue in Minbya.
- Prepare and submit the monthly operational report to Rakhine Field Coordinator.
- Ensure that all safety and security related incidents are reported in a timely manner.
Safety and Security and humanitarian access
- Monitor the security trend through various sources including social media and check-ins with key contacts at township and village levels and share updates with the Field Coordinator.
- Act as Minbya safety and security focal point.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, analyzed and actions taken where necessary.
- Facilitate the security risk assessment and update security management plans, SOPs and contingency plans including relocation/hibernation/evacuation plans.
- Maintain the emergency contacts’ database with up to date information for all staff based in Minbya. Update and periodically test the calling tree.
- Conduct periodic security equipment check and ensure safety equipment are available and in good condition at offices and in vehicles.
- Participate in security management trainings when provided.