Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Expert (full-time)
The contract will provide technical assistance services covering 25 countries in Eastern, Southern Africa in order to support interventions falling into three different categories: the macro-level which aims at creating a fertile environment for the private sector to grow, the mid-level which targets interventions at market level, in order to address market failures, enhancing value chains and competitiveness, and the micro-level which works directly with businesses and individuals. Ideally the aim is to have a coherent approach that would include micro-, mid-, and macro-interventions supporting a configuration of the private sector needs in a way that enable it to contribute to economic growth, job creation and poverty reduction.
The purpose of the contract is to deliver high-level technical assistance to strengthen access to finance and implementation of dedicated financial instruments, and improve the investment climate for inclusive and sustainable growth, job creation and decent work.
A Regional Technical Assistance Facility (hereinafter the RTAF), will be established, pooling expertise from Academia, technical experts, practitioners and business managers from Europe and Africa.
For this upcoming regional project AFC cooperates with GOPA Consultants.
- Master’s degree level or higher in a discipline related to Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese and/or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills and training skills. Ability to communicate technically complex information clearly and concisely;
- Excellent leadership skills and proven successful experience in project coordination and team management;
- Expert knowledge and experience of IT and proficiency in computer data management applications;
- Ability to work effectively in a team of people with different technical backgrounds and varying levels of technical training.
- General and specific professional experience
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in areas directly relevant to knowledge management and M&E systems;
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing M&E systems in developing countries;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, covering formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies, programmes and projects in areas related to Business environment reforms, value chain development and support to MSMEs in developing countries;
- Experience of working in a research environment with proven experience of publishing papers;
- Experience and knowledge of EU development policy, cooperation programmes and procedures.
START / DURATION:
The intended start date is 16 November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Please send your most recent CV to: email@example.com