Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager of CICETE which is UNDP's national Implementation Partner for this project, and the Project Manager of the Project management Office (PMO) in Rugao City, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks to support the project's implementation, delivery, management and advocacy:
· Supporting the coordination and preparation of detailed annual work plans for project implementation; cross-checking documents and validating data and advise supervisor on the conformity to the project's expected results and outputs.
· Maintaining and monitoring financial records to support the management of project budget under the leadership of CICETE and the PMO; coordinating with all project implementation stakeholders to ensure the on-time and to-standard submission of the financial reports.
· Maintain communication on financial matters between UNDP, CICETE and the PMO and the key stakeholders and respond promptly to requests for financial information.
· Supporting the recruitment of project consultants, procurement of goods and services as designed in the Project Document, and assisting timely and effective quality control of the delivery of procured goods and services.
· Preparing and maintaining documents as required by supervisor and UNDP programme management cycles, including quarterly and annual progress reports etc.
· Developing communications and advocacy products such as news articles, social media posts, planning and working with vendors for the production of promo videos etc.
· Drafting knowledge sharing products and lessons learned from project implementation under supervisor’s guidance.
· Assisting the information sharing with all stakeholders in an open and transparent approach to ensure their understandings of relevant policies and guidelines.
· Supporting the coordination with project partners in the technical direction of the project.
· Supporting project monitoring and evaluation, including internal and external assessments; liaising with the UNDP M&E team and project officer to ensure enforcement of all mitigation measures against all identified possible risks.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
At least a bachelor's degree in management, energy governance, climate change, environmental policy or sciences, international development, international relations, public policy or administration, project management, mechanical engineering or a related field.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
· Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, including full-time internships and volunteering; previous experience and exposure to development project cycles, preferably in a non-governmental or inter-governmental setting;
· Experience in providing administrative, interpretation and translation support to projects;
· Experience in project finance, especially tracking financial expenditures;
· Proven ability to maintain tactful and effective communications with different stakeholders with tailored language, and arrange stakeholder meetings and/or workshops;
· Experience in climate, energy, transport or environment-related issues are strong assets;
· Substantive knowledge of climate and energy, particularly the transport sector a strong asset.Language skills:
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
· Excellent organisation skills and the ability to deliver results at pace;
· Ability to work at a fast pace and to manage competing priorities;
· Good interpersonal skills and team spirit; resilient and adaptable to various environments of different background and organisational cultures;
· Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, translation skills, both in Chinese and English;
· Excellent computer skills, in particular, mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
· Demonstrating a strong interest and capacity to learn on the job;
· The preparedness to cope with high paced work environment and travels to the project city of Rugao;
· Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Then apply via the link below.
?Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow to register on the UN Volunteers' Global Talent Pool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile then apply via the link below.
Application deadline: 26 June 2020