HR Operations Specialist SC 6
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency , WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Education: Completion of First Univeristy Degree
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
• Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
• Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
- Act as the main focal point for employees in the Libya operation, following the highest standards of customer orientation.
- Ensure qualitative and effective execution of core HR operations, fully leveraging available technology and bestpractices from in/outside WFP.
- Ensure a smooth and qualitative execution of payroll for all contract categories, effectively liaising with relevant RBC units, external agencies and Headquarter colleagues;
- Oversee and manage the end-to-end contract management process, including the acquiring of required approvals,preparation of contracts and taking system actions;
- Ensure a smooth separation process, with a focus on the employee experience and acquiring the needed information for the organization through exit interviews and analysis of the respective data;
- Act as the main focal point for HR-related benefits and entitlements and provide guidance and timely response to WFP employees on queries related to benefits and entitlements, including medical insurance and pension;
- Assist developing a high-performing workplace culture and manage the roll-out of the initiatives and related communications;
- Take the lead in a regular and consistent HR communication (HR calendar, payroll calendar, etc) all year long;
- Participate in building an engaged workforce and support with the implementation of Employee Engagement Surveyaction plan;
- Review, optimize and further streamline, simplify the HR processes to ensure effective and efficient HR transactions;
- Ensure high-standard reports and trackers are maintained on all the above processes, to run regular reports on HRoperational workload;
- Broad or specialized knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and
- provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systemsExperience operating in a dynamic, international environment
- Proficiency in working with MS applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
- This position is open for Tunisian nationals only or individuals holding a valid work and residency permit for Tunisia.
- The Service Contract is issued for 6 months initially (renewable)
- Starting salary for this position is TND 2.375.67 /month
- Monthly payment is complemented with contribution towards social security/pension
- International Medical Insurance provided for contractor and dependents (spouse and children)
- Attractive leave entitlements, incl. 2.5 annual leave days per month
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Application close 5 July, 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.