Social Inclusion Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The Social Inclusion Officer will report to Programme Specialist, Youth Empowerment Programme and undertake the following tasks:
- Support the Youth Social Inclusion and Engagement Specialist in the design and implementation of activities to ensure inclusion of marginalized youth groups.
- Support the Youth Social Inclusion and Engagement Specialist in conducting research and analysis on the situation of marginalized youth in Pakistan, and provide recommendations.
- Support advocacy activites carried out by the project to pomote youth inclusion and engagement.
- Engage regularly with project partners to promote inclusion for people living with disabilities.
- Provide inputs on steps that the UNDP Pakistan Office could take to ensure increased inclusivity and accessibility for people with disabilities.
Furthermore, participants in the Talent Programme are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge on the SDGs and the United Nations Development System
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNDP and UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Hold a Bachelor level, degree or be enrolled in a university degree at Master level in development studies, or any related field in humanities and social sciences
- Demonstrated commitment to social inclusion and knowledge of the challenges faced by marginalized groups
- Interest in the UN and adaptability to a multicultural environment
- Strong commitment to working for sustainable development and human rights
- Interest in developing project management, policy and advocacy skills
- Previous work experience will be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
To be eligible to apply for this assignment, candidates should be living with a disability.
How to apply: Applicants need to register their profile with UNV Talent Pool via https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup before applying for any assignments.
Then please apply via the "Apply" link below. On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile.
For assistance related to the registration, kindly contact email@example.com
Application deadline: 06 July 2020