Grants Officer G5 (National Position) - Damascus
Duties and responsibilities
- Support and coordinate the finalization of donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports, as well as the M&E database, and that they meet quality standards;
- Be familiar with all NRC organisational and donor portfolio compliance requirements and ensure high quality management of grants through meeting of internal targets and deadlines;
- Support and advise programme and support colleagues with queries related to donor compliance on grants within portfolio, and ensure appropriate donor templates are readily available;
- Work with other departments (programmes, finance, M&E, Compliance) to ensure all supporting documentation such as e.g. distribution lists are secured, ready and available for internal and external monitoring processes (e.g. audits)
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants through the Grants Tracker, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and managing Programme Cycle Management calendars and invites for internal and external deadlines,
- Ensure all key grant documents are available in soft and hard copies by maintaining a high quality information management/filing system and updating NRC’s grants management system (Cycles) on a daily basis.
- Bachelor degree in social science or similar, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with NGOs, charities, humanitarian work or similar organisations.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Information management knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Proficient in MS Office application including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Cultural awareness.
- Knowledge of the local social structures is a plus.
- Fluency in Arabic and good verbal communicative skills.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environments.
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits:According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty Station: Damascus
Candidates who do not fill the website application form in details may not be considered.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.