Operational Information Management Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Operational Information Management Consultant
Type of Contract: Regular Consultancy (level I)
Division: CBT – Cash Based Transfers Division
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Cash-Based Transfers (CBT) Division is strengthening its capacity to manage, process and share information with WFP field offices and other internal and external stakeholders to enable fact-based decision-making. Under the supervision of CBT Global Coordinator or delegate, and in coordination with CBT cross-functional units, Regional Bureaux, Country Offices and WFP’s Emergency Division, the incumbent will be working initially remotely and, when conditions allow, from WFP’s headquarters. Entry on duty: immediately.
The incumbent will:
- Lead the CBT IM team;
- Collate data, analyse identify and address IM gaps, and facilitate information sharing between the different CBT stakeholders;
- Identify new information and data requirements to support CBT operations, and support relevant stakeholders in gathering and sharing this information and data;
- Coordinate country-based CBT information to ensure consistency and coherence across all CBT operations, including working with country-based IM staff on identifying, collecting and providing relevant information for the different products;
- Source, draft, obtain clearance and disseminate a wide range of qualitative and timely IM materials on CBT activities and operations, especially in emergencies. Products, for distribution to internal and external audiences, include (but are not limited to): updates, reports, web content, inputs to corporate and inter-agency products, factsheets, data analyses and presentations;
- Analyse and where possible, leverage existing tools and products across WFP to extract relevant information and inform on operational trends, including (but not only): mVAM, hunger map, Market Functionality Index, CBT analytics and dashboards to analyse and present emergency operational trends;
- Assist in the implementation of WFP’s standardized IM policies, data systems and information products across the CBT division, prioritize info sourcing from existing corporate databases, and ensure coordination and linkages with CBT dashboards and data analysis set ups;
- Constantly review existing IM channels to identify opportunities for effective sourcing and dissemination of CBT related information, data and knowledge;
- Contribute to building IM capacity in the field and in HQ by sharing best practices, preparing capacity building activities, on-the-job training and shadowing activities;
- Support knowledge management activities including lessons learnt and After Action Reviews;
- Periodically revisit the dissemination plan for all information products and services as appropriate (e.g. web portal, mailing list, information centres, etc.) including the review of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
- Perform any other duty as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- CBT IM products distributed in a timely, efficient and professional way;
- Analytical tools in place, and CBT-related business intelligence provided with the needed information and IM materials;
- Mapping of all IM products specifying product type, audience, purpose, frequency, accountability, clearance mechanism and dissemination platforms/channel;
- Mapping of corporate WFP databases and info sources relevant to CBT and deduplication of all information sourcing;
- Structured and efficient inbound and outbound CBT IM channels;
- Templates and SOPs drafted and cleared by relevant unit;
- IM capacity in the division and in the field strengthened.
The incumbent is expected to fulfil the following requirements;
- Minimum five-year experience, and formal training or studies in Information Management or Information Systems Management in the humanitarian or private sectors;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets;
- Demonstrated information management skills; understanding of different data collection methodologies and relational data theory;
- Advanced skills in Excel are required, skills in data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) are highly desirable;
- Ability to lead a small team with diverse competencies and to coordinate with colleagues in other units and in the field;
- Proficiency in English is required; French and/or Spanish a plus;
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while seeking support from all relevant units;
- Experience in conducting capacity building activities and training is desirable;
- Field experience in the humanitarian sector and/or proven understanding of project cycle, programme principles and operations desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 12 July 2020
Ref.: VA No. 123071
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.