Administrative, Finance and HR Coordinator – Erbil/Baghdad– IRAQ – H/F
The mission of the French Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate all human suffering, and contribute to all efforts related to protection, social welfare, prevention, education and health care.
The French Red Cross has been operational in Northern Iraq since 2013, in Dohuk, Ninewa and Erbil governorates. FRC provides assistance in a range of sectors including WASH, Livelihoods, and Education, focusing initially on the influx of Syrian refugees, then on the IDP crisis and the challenging return of populations into newly-liberated areas. The Iraq programm presently employs about 27 national staff and 4 international staff.
The French Red Cross works in partnership with the local branches of the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS).
In 2020, FRC will continue its emergency and early recovery assistance for Syrian refugees, Iraqi IDPs, returnees and most vulnerable host communities in collaboration with the Iraqi Red Crescent Society. This will include, in particular:
- Continuing to improve education access to children of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in Iraqi Kurdistan
- Providing sustainable WASH facilities & services for the most vulnerable populations in Sinjar, in Ninewa governorate
- The implementation of a joint FRC/IRCS disaster risk management project targeting populations in Iraqi Kurdistan as well as in Federal Iraq
The Admin/Fin/HR Coordinator is currently based in Erbil, but the position will move to Baghdad in the last quarter of 2020, with regular visits to be planned to Erbil and Dohuk bases.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation, the Administrative/Finance/HR Coordinator is in charge of the financial, administrative and legal aspects of the projects in addition to the overall management of HR. He/she will guarantee the implementation of rigorous and transparent procedures to fulfill the objectives of the mission in line with FRC and donors’ guidelines.
- Legal framework
- Staff management
- Administrative management of human resources
- Funding and donors
- Accountancy, treasure, budget planning & monitoring
- Communication, reporting and representation
Hierarchical link :
- The Administration, Finance and HR Coordinator is under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation
- He/she is the line manager of the Deputy Administrative Coordinator (based in Dohuk)
Functional links :
- Direct collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator, Program Coordinator and Project Managers, as well as the Financial Controller based in Paris
Educational background and experiences:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Finance/HR
- You have already worked in a similar position for at least 2 years
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on Programm Financial performance
- Knowledge of the aid system and understanding of donor requirements
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to carry out capacity-building efforts to local staff
- Experience with FRC and/or RCRC Movement would be an asset
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Good relationship, patience
- Management qualities
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
- English mandatory (oral and written); French/Arabic/Kurdish would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Pro activity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of team working
- Location: IRAK - Erbil (Iraqi Kurdistan) / Baghdad (Iraq)
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Start date : September 2020
- Status: Expatriate
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications.
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all. These training sessions constitute a real advantage for your application:
WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is dedicated to all profiles: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world.
Stay Safe is dedicated to every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact.
You will find these lessons on the IFRC Learning Platform open to all by clicking on the following link: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
Please send us your resume and cover letter : https://emploi.international.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=84066,3477456198&key=69968145&c=566215354815&pagestamp=semizuswsqhwvfwnrm