Arlington (United States of America)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This role is responsible for the day-to-day administration of MSH’s U.S. payroll function. Processes payroll accurately and performs the administrative duties of the function, including recording journal entries and reconciling payroll-related accounts. Regularly assists the supervisor, the Accounting department, and Human Resources as it relates to the payroll responsibilities. The position helps to ensure the ongoing success of the function by recommending process improvements or changes to ensure compliance. Serves as the main resource for supporting interrelated processes and cross-functional projects involving payroll, and as the lead point of contact for U.S. payroll, provides customer-oriented support to employees and other departments.
DEPARTMENT: FAO Accounting
LOCATION: Medford or Arlington
Bi-weekly payroll processing
• Process payroll and all payroll-related journal entries, including the labor distribution entries timely and accurately
• Process disability calculations
• Calculate and process one-time payments, such as bonuses, as needed/requested
• Responsibility for the external payroll processing system and implementation of automation between HRIS system, ERP, and ADP
• Perform bi-weekly analysis of portal timesheet entry completion (working with MSH’s timesheet supervisors ensuring all employees complete the biweekly timesheet) and perform data entry of manual (non-portal) transactions. Track delinquent timesheets submission and/or approval.
• Create wire transfer for TCN’s, international pension plan, manual checks, and any others needed.
• Distribute paychecks to employees with new direct deposit account numbers and allowance spreadsheets on a bi-weekly basis.
• Work with the Benefits team closely to ensure that the benefits in HRB are consistent in ADP.
• Enter and reconcile allowances data for payment
Ensure the successful day-to-day administration of the payroll function
• Successfully implement and communicate any process, procedural, or regulatory changes related to the function
• Provide knowledgeable and sound guidance to all staff regarding payroll policies and procedures
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with management and employees to resolve payroll issues or problems
• Ensures compliance with payroll and tax laws, or other compliance-based requirements
• Support and assist with developing payroll policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date process documentation
• Partner with the Human Resources team on policies and processes affecting both departments
Reconciliations and audits
• Prepare or provide GL team with cash entries for payroll related accounts, FSA, Cobra, employee contribution plans, etc.
• Perform all account reconciliations related to payroll, accruals, withholdings, salary expense, employee benefit plans, etc.
• Process year-end reconciliations and documents (i.e., W-2 forms)
• Support and respond to 401k audits, annual financial and uniform guidance audits, donor audits, internal audits, etc.
• Produce all reports needed to support and analyze payroll information including a 941 payroll reconciliation each quarter
• Assist the Corporate Controller with special projects as needed
Required: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
Required: 6 years of relevant payroll and finance experience, and at least 3+ years working in a multi-state payroll environment. Government contract industry experience is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is required. Experience with Deltek’s Costpoint ERP preferred; Experience with Workday desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office with expertise in Excel. Experience with Google suite preferred.
- Must exhibit strong Excel skills and be comfortable utilizing different software systems to analyze and report on payroll data
- Experience collaborating with HR management to ensure accurate and timely benefits reporting and taxation
- Strong knowledge of and experience complying with local, state, and federal payroll and tax laws and withholding requirements
International payroll experience a plus
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and protect confidential information
Ability to adhere to and meet time-sensitive deadlines
Ability to multitask and manage work with shifting priorities
Creative problem-solving skills with an analytical mind-set
Possess strong detail-orientation with strong organizational skills
Process and systems-oriented with project-management skills
Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization
Performs as a team player