Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - Health
Kyegegwa Town Council
The M & E Officer will ensure that quality data is obtained from the program facilities, VHTs as well as program staff when performing activities aimed at strengthening community-based and health-facility integrated disease surveillance and enhancing the quality of and safe access to primary health care. S/he is to supervise the data collection, data cleaning and input, ensuring a robust data base with analysis and data interpretation on which to base program decisions. S/he compiles a monthly data reports, assists in the narrative components, and prepares quality presentations for the review meetings while providing data trends to inform program decisions. S/he works with M & E and Health Manager in writing donor reports and other reports required by the organization. S/he works closely with the M & E department of the DHT and builds their capacity in data management while ensuring timely data collection from the health facilities to feed into the HMIS and program reports. S/he will facilitate monthly data review sessions at the health unit, and conduct site visits to monitor data quality, while providing training, mentorships and coaching where needs are identified. S/he will be primarily responsible to build capacity of health facility staff and program staff in data cleaning and interpretation of trends and performance on indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the program team to develop a detailed M & E plan for the program based on the project log frame to track progress against agreed indicators.
- Track the M & E plan and frequently provide the program with trend analysis of tracked indicators while identifying the outliers.
- Mentor and coach facility staffs on data collection, reporting and data cleaning to inform program and HMIS reports.
- Supports program sites and program staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Support the program sites to engage in continuous data quality improvement.
- Participate in quality of care/intervention monitoring together with the District and IRC project staff while ensuring availability of data at the facilities for assessing program quality.
- Provide accurate information that informs the program review meetings.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database for the health program.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of program activities.
- Informs the health manager on the availability and short fall of data collection tools at the health facilities and community programming.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analysis and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making.
- Liaise with the district M & E team including Biostatistician while ensuring that accurate and timely data on the program is fed into the district HMIS and program reports.
- Attend relevant meetings to present IRC’s program activities in the district.
- Provide regular feedback to the MEL Manager/Health Managers on project implementation.
- Provide the program staffs and District with monthly reports on performance against indicators and trends.
- Assist in preparation of donor program reports.
- Facilitate health facility/VHT reporting requirements for program reporting and to feed into the HMIS and program reports.
- Assist with any duties as requested by the direct supervisor.