Field Operations Associate
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Field Operations Department is the largest team at all of One Acre Fund. We focus on the short-term gains of our program and the management of our 2,700-person Field Team to create results. We work with annual strategists across departments to ensure the program operates efficiently and in-sync across 50+ districts and 4 major operational regions of the country. It is the Field Operations department’s responsibility to ensure that we provide a seamless, farmer-focused service while adapting to a changing market.
- Manage 2-3 sub-teams with up to 35 team members and develop a high-performance culture through mentorship and professional development support
- Oversee strategic direction for 2-3 portfolios (examples: Tablet integration, Customer Protection, Field deliveries, Insurance, Warranty, Field offices) and manage cross-departmental relationships
- Lead project design and implementation to accomplish business outcomes - set goals and measurements, report on progress, manage crisis response, hold the team accountable to strategic results
- Participate in global Field Operations work and work with other country programs
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically:
- 3+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for development work
- Project management experience with demonstrated success in complex projects
- Experience managing individuals/teams or leadership experience in/out of work
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least 2 years - this is a long-term, career-track role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Language: English required, knowledge of Swahili preferred
Preferred start date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.