National Office (NO) Resource Development Director, WV Mali
Bamako (Mali) | Mali
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Office (NO) Resource Development Director, WV Mali, you will lead the development and roll out of the National Office GAM Business Plan in alignment with Our Promise, the 4.3 GAM and National Office strategies. As such, the core mandate of this position includes:
· To lead and manage the National Office Resource Development Unit to drive growth and diversification of grant income (bilateral, multilateral, major foundations and corporations, GIK non-food items) in accordance to the National Office Grant Acquisition Management (GAM) Business Plan.
· To position WV Mali and ensure productive engagement and retention of grant donors (public and private) through successful grants implementation, effective communication of the impact of grants and strong relationships and alliances with partners, institutions, organizations and donors representatives.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development, Social Science or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in grant acquisition and/or grant management, especially in fragile countries (preferred).
- Experienced networker with strong skills in donor relations, negotiations and partnering with up to date knowledge of the donor landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major institutional donors (bilateral and/or multilateral).
- Excellent English language skills. French strongly preferred at intermediate level.
- Office-based with frequent travel within National offices and support offices.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 18 SEP 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.