Facility Management Officer P4 - Rome, Italy 1
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Are you a Facility Management Professional interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Would you like to join WFP, a highly reputable organisation bringing positive change to lives of people affected by hardships? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If your answer is yes, then this is a great opportunity for you to become an integral member of a diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to beneficiary assistance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- WFP assists more than 86 million people around 83 countries. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have a chance to exchange your experience with your colleagues
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- Our team is growing internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
WFP’s Facilities Management Services is housed within the Administration functional area. You will be joining a community of over 3,000 team members, worldwide – ranging in profiles from Architects and Engineers to Drivers and Maintenance Workers. The Administration functional area prides itself on providing quality customer service while ensuring that WFP operations reach our beneficiaries, smoothly, even in the toughest conditions.
The role will be accountable for implementing the mandate of the Facility Management unit, related to Real Estate and Workplace Services. The Facility Management Officer, P3 creates inspiring spaces and innovative services to enhance, maintain, and sustain inspiring spaces that bring WFP’s culture and values to life. Enhancing and maintaining all aspects of what keeps WFP’s workspaces operating seamlessly, within HQ and globally. Working towards consistently introducing the industry-leading best practices within Facility Management and contributing to making WFP a great place to work and where employees can thrive.
The successful candidate must operate as a partner to a diverse range of leaders and stakeholders. They must be comfortable operating on both the strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, solutions architect, and implementer. Having passion and in-depth knowledge of facility management operations with a financial focus and Property Management understanding is critical. This individual also has experience in developing, implementing, and managing projects.
- Provide technical advice and support in HQ, or COs on the implementation of WFP policies, standards, norms and practices including procurement procedures related to construction activities and engineering services to ensure that outputs meet the established quality standards and are compliant with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations
- Manage and/or facilitate the facility service operations, including refurbishments and enhancements of new or existing premises to deliver quality, customer focused, value for money solutions
- Implementation of relevant strategies specifically related to Real Estate and Space Management & guide the respective teams and oversee business processes related to premises Provide strategic input for real estate decisions in HQ and field, including office expansions, downsizing, consolidations and acquisitions.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive delivery of services (i.e. WFP Engineering, IT, HR, Legal, etc.)
- Contribute to the implementation of environmental sustainability culture throughout WFP through comprehensive Facility Management (including Energy Efficiency and collaboration with Environmental Sustainability and OSH).
- You have managed or contributed to the management of projects, taking responsibility for relevant decision-making
- You are skilled and experienced in planning and organizing; managing work programs and objectives, staff and budgets, and liaison with stakeholders
- You are an excellent communicator in English (written and spoken) and you will comfortably liaise with a variety of stakeholders to ensure full engagement with projects
- You have developed a deep knowledge in an area of specialisation, and you contribute to projects demonstrating this expertise
- You like to keep track of the latest technologies and you enjoy exploring whether these methods lead to an improved efficiency, accuracy, and productivity of the projects you support
- You are responsible and accountable and pay close attention to detail, whilst working on multiple, simultaneous projects; preferably with experience providing support and guidance remotely
- You have experience managing and coaching international teams; and you are a team player
- You are somebody that is flexible to travel internationally when requested.
- University degree in a related discipline, i.e. Real Estate/Facility Management, Engineering, Architecture, Business/Public Administration, Project Management or equivalent
- At least five years of progressively professional experience in managing facilities and global real estate in a large, international organization, at least some of which has been gained through working in similar contexts to WFP (diverse geographical locations, including in developing countries)
- Experience developing and managing budget, including capital budget justification.
- Experience working within a project environment, managing the full lifecycle of a project
- Excellent contract management, customer service, and communication skills.
- Additional training/qualification in Real Estate, Facility Management, Business/Public Administration will be highly regarded
- Experience developing presentations and reports, utilizing real estate data to inform and drive enterprise-level decisions
- Industry-related certifications (BIFM, IFMA, CIPS, RICS) are highly regarded
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
Mobility is, and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a Fixed-Term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
02 October, 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.