Facility Management Officer P4 - Rome, Italy
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Are you a Facility Management Professional interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Would you like to join WFP, a highly reputable organisation bringing positive change to lives of people affected by hardships? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If your answer is yes, then this is a great opportunity for you to become an integral member of a diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to beneficiary assistance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- WFP assists more than 86 million people around 83 countries. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have a chance to exchange your experience with your colleagues
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- Our team is growing internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
WFP’s Facilities Management Services is housed within the Administration functional area. You will be joining a community of over 3,000 team members, worldwide – ranging in profiles from Architects and Engineers to Drivers and Maintenance Workers. The Administration functional area prides itself on providing quality customer service while ensuring that WFP operations reach our beneficiaries, smoothly, even in the toughest conditions.
As the Team Leader of the Facilities Management Unit in WFP’s Facility and Infrastructure Branch, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of technical services programs to support the mandate of the Facility Management unit, including Maintenance and Operations and Real Estate and Workplace that enable staff in HQ/country/location operations to carry out activities focusing on providing food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy. The Facility Management team enhances, maintains, and sustains inspiring spaces that bring WFP’s culture and values to life. Working towards consistently introducing the industry-leading best practices within Facility Management, contributing to making WFP a great place to work and where employees can thrive.
- Design, implement and oversee harmonized global facilities programs, processes, and systems throughout WFP; setting the global vision and leadership
- Implement standardized global procedures, processes, and technology systems, best practices and policies that meet regulatory requirements, and meet the needs for global facilities
- Manage multidisciplinary teams responsible for implementing and executing programs and processes that support facility operations globally
- Negotiate and communicate with high level key stakeholders, applying best change management practices
- Provide Subject Matter Expert leadership for global facility programs and facilities systems implementation, ongoing operations, and continuous improvements. Includes innovation, renovation, up-gradation, modifications, and enhancement of facilities.
- You have experience in managing facilities in a diverse and complex work environment, preferably in a regional management role (multiple sites, geographically dispersed)
- You have extensive experience in contracting and vendor management, particularly experienced in multi-service agreements and negotiations
- You have experience managing CAPEX Projects from feasibility to execution, including applying financial and data analysis to inform decision-making
- You have led and motivated large, diverse teams of technical experts, ensuring professional development and high performance; and you are a team player
- You are experienced in developing strategies and using technology and process solutions to enable sustainable development for both existing and new facilities
- You are an excellent communicator in written and spoken English and you are comfortable liaising and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders to ensure full engagement with projects and operations
- You are somebody that is flexible to travel internationally when requested.
- University degree in a related discipline, i.e. Real Estate/Facility Management, Engineering, Architecture, Business/Public Administration, Project Management or equivalent
- At least eight years of progressively professional experience in facility management in a large, international organization, at least some of which has been gained through working in similar contexts to WFP (diverse geographical locations, including in developing countries)
- Deep process expertise in facility design, development & engineering/architect, office design, and facility/process integration
- Proven ability to provide oversight for the existing global (field) resources of WFP managed facilities, and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, innovation, cost- effectiveness and timeliness of services
- Experience developing real estate solutions with regional portfolio leads, planning team, and business partners. Ability to gather and synthesize data.
- Excellent financial, contract management, purchasing, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Additional training/qualification in Real Estate, Facility Management, Business/Public Administration are strong assets
- Experience developing presentations and reports, utilizing real estate data to inform and drive enterprise-level decisions
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
Mobility is, and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a Fixed-Term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
02 October, 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.