Post Number : 5BAGBFM0004PA
Grade : NO-B
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Baghdad
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-SEP-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only nationals of Iraq may apply to this position).
(Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance).
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides dedicated procurement services to coordinate the procurement, importation, distribution and delivery of all required infrastructural needs, equipment, materials and other related goods for the UNESCO Iraq Office.
The incumbent will also facilitate procurement planning, quality assurance, monitoring of compliance with rules and regulations for contracts-related procedures, technical assistance on contract selection processes and contract negotiation.
Working closely with the functional guidance from ADM/OPS Procurement & Contracting, the incumbent will carry out the following roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate procurement planning, quality assurance, effective coordination, monitoring of compliance with rules and regulations for contracts-related procedures, assess the procurement proposals and support, as needed, the overall administration of the Programme;
- Monitor budget implementation, track resource allocation and ensure compliance to financial rules and regulations;
- Develop and implement a Procurement Plan and design, maintain and monitor work plans and schedules for on-going and new procurement requirements and contracts;
- Verify the procurement needs and support the delivery and monitoring of restoration materials, supplies and equipment;
- Manage all aspects of the bid/proposal process, including the identification of requirements, preparation of announcements and participating in the selection of and negotiations with suppliers/vendors;
- Coordinate the evaluation team, analyze and evaluate vendors' offers considering various factors affecting cost, technical specifications, implementation schedules, reliability, and after-sales/completion implications, ensuring value for money;
- Review procurement and other new contract requests prepared by Programme staff to ensure completeness, correctness and adequacy to assure fair and transparent competition or comparison process, assisting in market research and providing advice where required;
- Provide policy, guidance, training and technical assistance to staff in planning, developing and managing contracts (including the identification of requirements, estimation of budgets, appropriate procurement or contracting methods, etc.) with a special focus on high value/high-risk contracts;
- Prepare a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions etc.;
- Maintain a tracking system and database to monitor adherence to contractual agreements, performance requirements and respect of delivery schedules; recommend amendments and extensions of contracts, as necessary; advise parties on contractual rights and obligations; and generate necessary periodic and ad-hoc reports as required, documenting lessons learned and recommendations;
- Carry out additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business and/or public administration, project management, accounting, finance or other fields closely related to the position.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in finance, administration, project management/operations, including supply chain management, procurement and/or contracting.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong knowledge on administration and finance, procurement, contracts, and legal obligations.
- Strong functional competencies in developing and managing contracts, including monitoring and performance evaluation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to set priorities, to ensure compliance to rules and administrative guidelines, to analyse and respond to routine and non-routine issues.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners and providers at the national, regional and international level.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi-skilled and multicultural team.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English and Arabic.
- Specialized courses or certificates related to Procurement (e.g. CIPS Training).
- Proven experience in public procurement.
- At least one (1) year of experience in the United Nations or Intergovernmental organizations.
- Knowledge of other UNESCO official languages (Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.