Contract Manager - Ankara
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The overall purpose of this role is to management of the Supply and Logistics Departments’ contracts and track all FWA’s. This position is responsible for tracking program procurement performed by HQ and preparation of the contracts and monitoring all contractual processes. Also, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective communication between contracting parties GOAL, and supplier.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure to track all Programme procurement performed by HQ.
- Draft contracts by developing standards including payment terms, general language, and provisions.
- Ensure the organization's internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Ensure to share draft contracts with LC for final review and signature procedures.
- Ensure to track all contract movement between supplier and GOAL.
- Ensure to upload all contracts and documents to EPRF system
- Ensure to establish effective tracking system of the all Logistics FWA’s including field logs FWAs
- Ensure to follow deadlines of the contracts and FWA’s and inform the related staff about notice period for both Syria and Turkey and initiate PR process.
- Ensure the GOAL’s contract documents are accurate and well maintained by storing hard copies and uploading soft copies to the system and update related contract tracker
- Ensure to track contractual payment with Finance and maintain active communication with Finance and supplier.
- Analyses significant, and unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and GOAL policies.
- Develop and implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms in collaboration with related staff.
- Monitor and review contract performance against agreed benchmarks to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and contact with supplier for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
Communication & Reporting:
- Prepare bi-weekly report for the LC as well as specific mission reports
- Ensure that all suppliers and logistics staff are aware of the procedures to whistle-blow for corruption and other breaches of the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that all suspicions and allegations of corruption are reported to the LC/SD/CD immediately.
- Ensure to build effective communication between contracting parties and related departments.
- Any other duties as required by Logistics Coordinator.
- Turkish citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years of work experiences
- Fluent in Turkish and English– both written and oral.
- A high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications of the contracts.
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills, and exceptional attention to details.
- Strong ability to manage multiple contracts and to prioritize them to support business needs and requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple team leaders and stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven experience of working closely with finance
- Proven experience in managing and dealing with contracts
- Good verbal communication skills
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 09 October 2020 .
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.