The Representative leads the country office team in the design and implementation of a population and development and sexual and reproductive health country programme. Through alliances and partnerships with governments, UN and bilateral agencies, development partners, civil society, academia and the private sector, the programme aims to realize the 2030 Agenda in order to make a positive difference in the lives of millions of people; especially those furthest behind.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Postgraduate university degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration and international development of which at least 8 years in the field of population and development, sexual and reproductive health or humanitarian at the international level;
- Current knowledge of issues of population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and their place in the development and humanitarian agenda;
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve demonstrable and high quality results
- Experience at national and international level in advocacy and policy dialogue
- Experience in media/communication with partners, and public information
- Experience in international development, particularly in the mandate of UNFPA and dedication to the principles of the United Nations;
- Field experience is essential; experience from a developing, humanitarian or crisis context is an asset.
Fluency in English.