şanlıurfa | Turkey
CONCERN WORLDWIDE Turkey
Grants Manager - Sanliurfa
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for an experienced and qualified Grants Manager based in Sanliurfa
Job Title: Grants Manager
Reporting Line: Programme Director
Supervisory Responsibility: Grants Officer
Working closely with: Local partners, Project Managers, Programme Coordinators, Systems and Finance departments
Job Status: Fixed term – 1 year (extendable)
Job Grade: C
Job Purpose: The Grants Manager is responsible for managing Concern’s relationship with partner organizations in Turkey in coordination with the focal points in each department. The Grants Manager will also play a key role in the process of identifying and assessing new organizations and following up on specific support actions with relevant departments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support organization in the preparation of concept notes, project proposals and budgets according to the programme design and donors’ call for proposals
· Lead on the component of organizational development including project cycle management including; updating of work plans, budget monitoring and revision, financial and programme reporting, procurement
· Act as the primary Concern focal point for coordination and communication
· Ensure sending of all necessary support and technical advice required from different department
· Advise partners (in coordination with programmes) on project start up activities including, but not limited to, staff recruitments, developing detailed implementation plans, financial plans, procurement plans, reporting templates, field data requirements, information management etc.
· Support the project team to do regular follow up with on project implementation.
Identification, Contracting and Compliance
· Coordinate negotiations and singing of sub-grants contracts in consultation with Programme Director
· Ensure relevant staff are aware of Concern/donor guidelines and policies and that these are adhered to at all times, immediately raising any suspected non-compliance with the management.
· Proactively work on compliance requirement and provide support on corrective measures, including compliance with relevant regulations and reporting
· Identify gaps in policies and procedures, technical capacity gaps, develop capacity development plans and ensure timely capacity building support from relevant Concern departments.
· Identify organizations according to programme requirements and lead on assessments
· Actively archive all necessary information and update with new information accordingly.
· Contribute to revisions of Concern Turkey’s Grants guidelines and other strategies
· Work with Concern’s global advisor on approaches to sub-grant relationship in the Turkey context
· Represent Concern in meetings relevant to you role in external coordination meetings.
· To support and promote the standards outlined in Concern Code of Conduct and associated polices to teams and beneficiaries, and be committed to provide a safe working environment.
· Other tasks as directed by the line manager.
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in development studies, sociology or relevant disciplines
· 3 years’ relevant work experience of working with partner organizations
· Good English Language skills
· Experience of donors compliance requirements (procurement, finance, HR etc.), contract management and project proposals development
· Strong communication and team-work skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Proven experience in project and resource planning, and budget management
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
· Good Turkish language skills
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Ability to work independently in a systematic and organized manner
· Ability to work as team player with a can do attitude.
· Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian principles
· Ability to give attention to details
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org **
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
· Please mention the position applied for in the email subject-header
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
· Application Closing Date: 23.09.2020
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.