Finance and Administration Manager
IDLO IN MYANMAR
IDLO has been working in Myanmar since 2013, to support the country’s government justice institutions, lawyers, civil society representatives and communities to strengthen rule of law and access to justice, enhance gender equality and promote peace and development in line with Sustainable Development Goal 16, as part of the ongoing democratic transition in the country.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, Myanmar, with a dotted line to the Rome based Program Accountant for that region, the Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the finance policies, procedures and guidelines for the Myanmar Country Office to provide optimum efficient and effective support to IDLO’s programming. The Finance and Administration Manager supervises and mentors a Team of nationally-recruited finance and administrative personnel. The incumbent will work in close coordination with the Country Office Program Unit leading on current programming and in conjunction with the Program and Finance Units at IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Lead in the monthly financial close of the Country Office (CO) and the production of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare relevant financial management reports of the CO, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, taking necessary corrective measures where applicable.
- Performing CO balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis and ensuring that differences or discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
2) Accounts Payables:
- Process all expenses generated at the CO level ensuring they comply with IDLO policies and procedures, accrual accounting and donor rules and regulations.
- Closely review procurement documents to ensure they comply with IDLO policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations, including but not limited to, ensuring that costs are program related, supporting documentation is complete, accuracy of amounts and proof of receipt of services or goods prior to payment.
3) Cash and bank management:
- Review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the CO ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to HQ for processing. This will include working with program staff to develop accurate cash forecasts.
- Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Manage the risk associated with foreign exchange movements ensuring that measures are taken to reduce the CO exposure to forex movements.
4) Grants and budget management:
- Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts.
- Coordinate with program staff to prepare budgets to support new proposals or realignments and ensure full cost recovery is adopted as applicable.
5) Sub-grants management:
- Coordinate the sub-granting processes, monitoring and management systems to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting and oversight of all sub-grants.
- Maintain sub-grant tracking sheet and filing system for all sub-grantees proposals, agreements, financial reports and outstanding advances.
- Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations for discussion with the Country Manager.
- Ensure each sub-grantee submits financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and review financial reports for reasonableness; verifying consistency in programmatic delivery and financial spending.
6) Filing financial documents:
- Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ.
- Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the CO, filed electronically and in sequence.
- Provide logistical support to Programs’ activities.
- Keep track of contractual agreements and assist users with contractual rights and obligations.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program.
- Support in Human Resources management including leave management and payroll.
8) Audit and compliance:
- Be the lead contact at the CO on audit related exercises.
- Support the CO whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents on a timely manner.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related field is required.
- Professional accounting qualifications would be beneficial.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations with donor funded programs.
- Experience working with multi-partner projects highly desirable.
- Fluent in oral and written ENglish and Myanmar is essential
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Significant experience with accounting system management.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency would be an asset.
- Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a fixed term affiliate contract, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents or those residents with a valid residency/ working permit of the duty station.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via ImpactPool.org at the following link www.impactpool.org/jobs/633581
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 25 September 2020, 11.59 am hrs. Yangon time). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants may be contacted before the deadline as well.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.