Social Services and Coaching Project Manager
General Description of the Programme
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey.
Overview of GOAL Turkey Programs
Currently, GOAL Turkey has two active projects (ECHO funded LINK and BPRM funded GREEN). Green project aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services. LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. On the other hand, LINK project has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey.
Line managed by the Livelihood & Inclusion Program Coordinator (LICO) and working under the technical supervision of the Protection and Inclusion Coordinator (PICO), the Social Services/Coaching Project Manager (SSCPM) will be based in Adana with proportional travels/presence in Hatay and Mersin offices. SSCPM will be responsible from overall management and day to day implementation, monitoring and reporting of the protection, social services, and coaching components/activities of the GREEN Project, and be managing, mentoring and supervising the Coaching/Social Services Teams based in Adana, Hatay and Mersin ensuring appropriate programmatic systems, procedures and support mechanisms are in place to achieve, track, analyze and report on quality and timely results. Postholder will be required to coordinate all protection/social services components of the project between a variety of internal and external stakeholders including statutory service providers, municipalities in general but particularly with Adana Metropolitan Municipality, UN agencies, local, national and international NGOs, and internally with other GOAL Turkey projects. SSCPM should be a strong team leader, able to develop, mentor and closely monitor the activities of field team members.
· Work with GOAL Turkey teams and other professionals from a range of organizations to develop services that deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable/marginalized individuals and their families.
· Work co-operatively with other agencies and stakeholders, particularly with the local, national, international NGOs, local CBOs and UN agencies.
· Contribute to forums, coordination and working groups meetings, as agreed upon with the line manager, to develop and nurture fruitful relations and referral partnerships.
· Be up to date on his/her knowledge of local service provisions for appropriate referrals and lead on collating provincial information regarding service gaps and policy changes, etc. to inform project activities and service development.
· In coordination with social services officer and assistant, lead on developing and sustaining functioning referral pathways with relevant provincial stakeholders and services i.e. with I/NGOs, PDs of MoFLSS, municipality social services and PDMMs.
· Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
· Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e. on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL's commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
· Work with staff, supervisors, and peers in harmony to achieve project plans, objectives/targets.
· Participate in one to one performance development reviews/appraisals with technical (PICO) and line manager (LICO) and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
· Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Ensure delegated project components implemented on time, target, and budget.
· Operating with a large degree of autonomy, he/she is also responsible for general activities that are indispensable when it comes to project implementation, such as diagnostics, planning, activity management, team supervision, and financial and logistical management of delegated components/activities of the GREEN Project.
· Work closely with line manager and technical supervisor to ensure a holistic approach to implementation and a close collaboration with other GOAL Turkey projects to facilitate internal referrals between different teams.
· Manage own teams with minimum supervision and supervise their performance i.e. Coaching and social services team leaders (and workers) based in Adana, Hatay and Mersin.
· Ensure outreach, provision of information and awareness raising activities implemented on a daily basis.
· Plan, Supervise and follow up with the implementation of individual protection assistance/special need supports (IPA/SN) to program beneficiaries through comprehensive assessment, case planning, case implementation, follow up and case closure in addition to project's outreach, provision of information and awareness raising activities to refugees and host communities about their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey.
· Develop detailed and strict work plans for each team, set provincial targets and standard, and closely monitor project progress and results in accordance with the project timelines.
· Conduct regular team meetings, set reporting mechanism and tools to ensure project is implemented in line with agreed work plans.
· Oversee the development, management and implementation of all beneficiary coaching, individual protection assistance/special needs activities including outreach and referral activities.
· Ensure quality control, value-added and effects/impact analyses for client groups, identification and capitalization of best practices and lessons learned and make relevant feedback for program improvements.
· Ensure activities are conducted in accordance with GOALs program SOPs/guidelines, and support with development and revisions program SOPs/guidelines.
· Ensure quality implementation through compliance and adherence to GOAL’s, donor’s and national policies, procedures and guidelines including internationally recognized protection and social services standards.
· Ensure activities implemented in line with the approved project proposal and budget, communicating issues/problems in advance to line manager and preparing course of corrective actions where needed.
· Support the line manager to ensure that risks are appropriately managed, including financial, programmatic, staff safety/security and reputational risks.
· Ensure appropriate information flow within the team and with the line manager and technical supervisor, facilitate and submit regular progress reports in line with agreed timeframes to line manager with inputs from other team members.
· Ensure all filed level activities, coaching and IPA/SN case information is thoroughly documented, updated, and filed with due consideration of confidentiality and data protection principles.
· Ensure beneficiary and activity data entered correctly and on time, and that all progresses are closely monitored and updated in the database.
· Work closely with MEAL Team to ensure that appropriate monitoring activities are undertaken to a high standard to capture lesson learned and best practices.
· Work with the GOAL logistics, finance, admin, procurement, and other support teams to ensure appropriate and timely inputs of goods, equipment, supplies and utilities, etc.
· Establish and maintain professional relationships and communication lines with relevant local authorities and representatives, non-government organizations, managing communications, organizing, and facilitating meetings at field level as needed.
· Coordinate and support visits from representatives from government, donors, GOAL, and another I/NGOs.
· Assist line manager with scoping of potential new areas for engagement through analysis of secondary data, stakeholder analysis and field assessments.
· Coordinate with and support the line manager and technical supervisor with capacity development of staff including identifying capacity needs and offering input for training programs.
· Participate and support with GOAL Turkey Program Strategy development/revisions by feeding in input from field.
· Undertake proportional travels to other program locations and GOAL offices as needed.
· Any other duties related to the nature of the job as requested by the line manager and technical supervisor.
· Turkish Citizenship
· Demonstrated experience of managing/supervising teams is a must. Able to plan, prioritise and delegate tasks/activities and closely monitor them with minimum supervision needs in the scope of project implementation.
· Strong skills and experience in case assessment, planning and management.
· Is able to identify and analyse people’s socio-economic vulnerabilities in order to better target the most at risk and to support them to overcome protection risks and vulnerabilities through holistic case management/coaching services.
· Fluent English both spoken and written with either fluent Arabic or Turkish language skills. Able to prepare advanced reports, able to communicate comfortably with management team and peers from other nationalities.
· University degree in a related field e.g. social work, social sciences, law, or public administration, etc.
· At least 2 to 3 years’ work experience in I/NGO or voluntary sector with experience in project/program management, staff supervision and project progress/performance monitoring.
· Demonstrated experience of active participation in humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
· Comprehensive understanding of humanitarian act and valuing beneficiaries in humanitarian sector.
· Strong coaching and mentoring skills with excellent trouble shooting skills in team environments.
· Demonstrated experiences in protection programs with supervisory roles i.e. in refugee social work, case management and psychosocial support, etc.
· Demonstrated experience of organizing and managing community events and services across a range of technical sectors, protection outreach and awareness raising activities.
· Experience of working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including excellent interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion, and diplomacy skills.
· Strong working knowledge/IT competencies and practices with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required. Capability of data monitoring skills with an advanced level of excel usage, checking the team’s entries and inform the team members for corrective actions.
· Working experience in the Adana, Hatay and Mersin, work experiences in Adana is an advantage.
· Knowledge of economy in Turkey, including knowledge of household economy in rural and urban contexts, income-generating activities, agriculture, greenhouse, cooperative and small business management, etc.
· Knowledge of livelihood services in Turkey.
· Skills in market research and cash transfers activities.
· Experience in Southeast Turkey.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline 27 September 2020