Emergency Health and Nutrition Officer
SCOPE: This position is for emergency health response pool where standby staff are deployed for various emergency responses with short notice, usually less than a week.
Under the direct supervision of Health manager/Health Specialist/Senior Emergency health officer, the Emergency Health and nutrition Officer is responsible for the day to day management and interventions of the emergency health response undertaken by IRC Ethiopia in different regions based on the type of emergency. The position holder will monitor, supervise and couch the health team members and health staff in targeted health facilities in the project implementation sites. He/she will work with the IRC Health team and other officers within the field office and woreda health office to enhance their participation and involvement in prevention, awareness creation and capacity building of woreda based government health staffs.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead emergency health team during emergency responses
- Ensure availability of necessary items and supplies for emergency health intervention
- Conduct all activities planned under the project in a timely manner and in accordance with the budget allocated
- Ensure that the health team is adhered to the MOH/WHO protocols and guidelines
- Support mobilization of communities and ensure that the emergency intervention is in accordance with IRC and government guidelines.
- Participate in health assessments in assigned woreda when needed
- Provide and/or facilitate trainings and workshops as per the project work plan
- Identify and involve all key stakeholders in the woreda on a regular basis
- Support woreda health office in strengthening surveillance system at facility and community level.
- Provide support in developing and implementation of a community based communication strategy
- Work closely with staff from other sectors to ensure integrated approach in program implementation in his/her woreda.\
- Represent IRC and participate in woreda and zonal level coordination meetings
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual project reports
- Monitor the implementation of the project as per the plan and analyze project data for timely decision making
- Has capacity to work independently with little support
- Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor