Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Ensure visibility and manage all aspects of awareness raising and communication of the Project;
- Enhance visibility of the Project, and, where relevant, other Regional Programme initiatives key activities and results through UNDP Africa’s website and social media channels as relevant, UNDP Africa’s internal and external platforms, and other innovative channels including multi-media platforms;
- Producing press-releases for major events;
- Develop a professional media package to provide background information about the project, and establish processes for regular communication with media contacts, regular production of press releases and other communication-related processes;
- Produce weekly media-monitoring compilations, bringing together relevant reporting from the project region;
- Deliver concrete visibility promotion activities for the Project;
- Identify appropriate suppliers for the provision of goods and services for activities under the communication plan;
- Ensure compliance with all corporate rules and regulations of EU and UNDP in the field of communication and visibility promotion and reporting, specifically the Joint Visibility Guidelines for EC-UN Actions in the field;
- Produce relevant reports according to the rules and procedures of EU and UNDP; Support joint advocacy, in relation to the Project, and, where relevant, other Regional Programme initiatives, with and for regional partners; production of two newsletters on SECCCI activities for other European Union Trust Fund parterns working in the region;
- Implementation of COVID-19 awareness raising campaign;
- Producing bi-annual communication report on communication-related activities and visibility at the end of the project implementation period (February 2021).
Communications or similar fieldRequired experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or advocacy;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in media relations and/or advocacy campaigns, using traditional and social media;
- Experience with communications requirements of European Union funded Projects; Previous experience in the development field.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Public information and reporting Mandatory
- Journalism, mass media and broadcasting Mandatory
- Other communications related experience Optional
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 27 September 2020