FAO Regular Volunteer Programme
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this call.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based volunteer services of citizens of the member nations to contribute to end hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity.
The volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Information to applicants
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT