Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
will perform M&E duties including data collection and analysis from implementing partners, conduct spot check or site visits to provide quality assurance service and ensure required reports are well drafted.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results and provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Conduct spot checks/field visits in order to monitor the implementation of project activities to ensure that the activities are in line with project/Gov. priorities and will result in to achieving project objectives.
- Monitor project progress against annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budget plans.
- conduct regular beneficiary satisfaction survey to assess the level of beneficiary satisfaction and capture lesson learned for future improvement.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Conduct regular and timely field quality assurance visits of legal aid and law clinics to ensure technical and project management standards are adhered to as agreed.
- Coordinate NGOs in designing effective monitoring and evaluation plans for awareness raising activities and help in analysing the monitoring reports and ensure that all evaluations and post evaluations are informed by gender disaggregated data and analysis.
- Ensure progress monitoring information and lessons from activities are being implemented by partners/contractors
- Assess, advise and follow-up on quality assurance of issues in conjunction with the Project Manager (i.e. community-based technical and project management matters).
- Ensure that relevant project outputs, best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated, complying with the quality requirements of the implementing agency, UNDP and donors.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to theProject Manager;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team and UNDP;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project interventions;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project and develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
- Assist the Project Manager in translating the project correspondence, weekly, monthly and annual progress reports, M&E reports, briefs, case studies, other documents from Dari/Pashto into English and vice versa for the use project national and international counterparts.
- Prepare progress reports (weekly, quarterly and annual / financial and substantive) against set targets and indicators, with an analysis of evidence of progress towards planned outputs according to schedules, budgets, and inputs provided by the project; Also provide information for the development of overall project progress reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Facilitate reporting related to compliance with reporting requirements.
- Maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) in line with audit requirements.
- People Management
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- In-depth knowledge on development issues;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Experience in working with government and CSO partners for activity implementation and assessment of capacity development needs
- .Project Management
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Results-based Management
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Research (General)
Knowledge of analytical tools, market research and methods for undertaking substantive research on various policy related issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in law, public administration, political science, social sciences, gender studies or related field.
- With Master’s Degree 2 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree 4 years of experience in a relevant area including law, access to justice, and community awareness programmes, including gender;
- Demonstrate ability to work with legal documents and legal translation is a clear asset.
- Experience and familiarity with the Afghan Justice sector institutions is a clear asset.
- Proven knowledge and technical application of community-based interventions in Afghanistan;
- Ability to work effectively with government counterparts;
- Familiarity with the UNDP system, rules and procedures is not a requirement but would be desirable;
- Experience in the usage of Microsoft office suite;
- Knowledge of the Afghan context and its legal and judicial system and human rights framework is a strong advantage
- Fluency in English and Dari. Knowledge of Pashto an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.