Project Finance and Admin Assistant, Emergency Programme
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The FAO Representation in Myanmar supports the Government in all aspects of agriculture development including ensuring that the country has the capacity to reduce the risks of, is well prepared for and effectively responds to food and agriculture threats and crises. FAO works on building resilient agriculture and food systems, ensures humanitarian policy coordination and liaises with humanitarian partners, co-leads Food Security Sector (FFS) with WFP, supports Food Security assessments and early warning activities. In line with FAO’s strategic objective to increase resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises (SO5), FAO Myanmar is implementing a number of projects in response to the recent crises in various States and Regions of Myanmar.
Under the overall supervision and general guidance of the FAO Representative to Myanmar and the operational and direct supervision of the Emergency and Rehabilitation Coordinator in Myanmar, and in close consultation with the AFAOR Administration, close collaboration with other emergency and FAO representation staff and admin and finance colleagues along with relevant national and international partners, the incumbent shall undertake the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day administration of the project office, including project correspondence;
- Assist in day-to-day financial activities of the project office, including banking;
- Oversee maintenance of the project office and functioning of utilities (including power, water, repairs, cleaning);
- Process project payments in relation to human resources, physical assets, travel, contracts, trainings;
- Support the review of the payment requests of Letters of Agreements and process the related payments;
- Maintain a system for petty cash and/or project advances and keep electronic and paper filing of relevant administrative and financial information;
- Monitor use of petty cash and prepare requests for replenishment
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate financial records of all disbursements and receipts related to the project, and present such records to the FAO Representation Administrative Department;
- Monitor project budget in terms of soft and hard commitments and expenditures and in accordance with the project budget and work plan;
- Keep up to date on FAO financial and administration guidelines, relevant UN system guidelines, and relevant Donor financial guidelines;
- Ensure proper maintenance of FAO assets at field level;
- Perform other related duties as required. Perform other related duties and activities upon instructions from EFAs or any other concerned FAO staff.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree, Specialized training in administration, finance, accounting and/or office management.
- Five year of administrative, accounting and office management experience.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages;
- Myanmar National
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- Good managerial skills;
- High sense of responsibility, willingness to take initiative, excellent communication skills and team spirit are important assets;
- Familiarity with the small-scale farming systems.
- Knowledge of computer programme - Microsoft Office package.
- Good interpersonal Skill.
- Negotiation and Advocacy skill.
- Good knowledge of FAO’s administrative and accounting systems and procedures.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments, good judgment and analytical ability.
- Extent of relevant experience in administration and financial management including accounting, budgeting and administration;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise work of others;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and good interpersonal skills;
- Relevant experience in Myanmar and familiarity with the humanitarian context of the country.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/