Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
The pharmacy technician will be responsible for planning, procurement distribution and management and accountability of medical supplies and equipment and ensuring adherence to theMOH standards.
·Coordinating project activities that involve the management and storage of Commodities including pharmaceutical supplies and medical equipment.
- Ensuring the availability of cost-effective, safe, efficacious and rational use of Pharmaceutical products through the use of different tools e.g SPARS.
- Strengthening the process of Logistics management of supplies in alignment With MOH guidelines.
- Ensure tracking and accountability for all medical and pharmaceutical Products as well as related supplies used by the health facilities.
- Support forecasting and quantification of supplies obtained from the warehouse.
- Support good storage and distribution practices at both warehouse and facilities.
- Prepare monthly reports for both the donors and internally as IRC.
- Use and regular updating of the available Pharma inventory systems like Rx solution.
- Provide regular feedback to the Pharmacist and health manager on stock status of medical supplies and equipment.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Health manager
support:Pharmacist, Health Manager
Other:Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda:District Health Team and other district officials
Other:NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region