CONSULTANCY CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST : Mental health and psycho-social support to refugees, migrants and host communities in Greater Cairo
Cairo (Egypt) | Egypt
Médecins du Monde – France is an international humanitarian, impartial and independent organization providing medical care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion.
Brief presentation of the project
Médecins du Monde, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) implemented a three-year project (2017-2020) with the objective of protecting and promoting the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of vulnerable groups at the community level and at the primary health care level.
The project involves different activities with MoHP, the primary health care centers (PHCCs) and non-governmental actors. The project focuses on the integration of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in primary health care. The project aims to achieve that through capacity building of the staff of 12 PHCCs in Greater Cairo as well as the staff of 4 partner non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
2.Objectives of the consultancy
MdM – France is seeking a consultant to conduct an external final evaluation of its 3-year project co-funded by Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) represented by the Embassy of Switzerland in Egypt. MdM is also interested to know the real impact of its activities in Egypt and how it can improve its intervention.
The main objective of the evaluation is to measure the progress and achievements of the project and enhance learning in improving the access of mental health and psycho-social support to refugees, migrants and host communities in Greater Cairo as well as evaluate the results of the project in relation to the intervention model used.
The evaluation aims to assess the outcomes, impact, relevance, sustainability, conformity to contractual agreements and efficiency of the project. The evaluation will be used for both learning and accountability: findings will be used to guide program practices to improve the provision of mental health and psycho-social support services, and to demonstrate what worked well and what did not and why, as well as document the lessons learned from the implementation.
Maximum budget for the consultancy : 15,000 EUR
3.Sought after profile
- Proven experience in conducting evaluations (at least has conducted 3 evaluations before for INGOs, UN agencies or institutional donors)
- A degree in social science, psychology or medicine
- Medical, paramedical, mental health background is desired
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in the humanitarian, relief work; from which at least 3 years in a senior position
- Fluent in English with excellent narrative and report writing skills
- Knowledge of the Arabic Language [average speaker]
- Good quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills
- Good interviewing skills
- International relief work experience is desired
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Deadline to express interest : 22/9/2020
- Selection process: 23/9/2020 – 28/9/2020
- Signature of the ToR: 29/9/2020
The evaluation is expected to take place from the 18/10/2020 to 2/12/2020.
- Preparation/inception phase: For documents’ review and briefings: From 18/10/2020 to 22/10/2020. Submission of methodology to MdM on 21/10/2020.
- Field work phase: For data collection and analysis: From 25/10/2020 to 15/11/2020
- Drafting the provisional report: From 16/11/2020 to 23/11/2020
- Submission of the provisional report: 23/11/2020
- Feedback from the steering committee on the provisional report: 26/11/2020
- Drafting of the final report: From 27/11/2020 to 1/12/2020
- Submission of the final report: 1/12/2020
- Presentation of findings: 2/12/2020
This schedule is indicative and is subject to modifications.
5.Documents to be submitted
The application will be done by sending the below mentioned documents before 22/9/2020 (5 p.m. Egypt time) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org , CC: email@example.com:
- Detailed CV (maximum 3 pages) of each one of the participants if the evaluation is to be conducted by a consultation team
- A cover letter
You will receive the complete TOR upon sending the application email after which you should send a technical proposal that includes the following:
- Understanding of the terms of reference
- Technical approach developed and methodology
- Provisional timetable for the evaluation and an estimate of the costs of persons per day (excluding accommodation and transportation)
- References from two similar previous assignments
The application must be sent before 22/9/2020 (5 p.m. Egypt time) to the following address: