Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Dakar
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-09-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The M&E Consultant will be in charge of designing and effecting the M&E plan of the project “Addressing the ‘Disinfodemic’ on Covid-19 in conflict-prone environments” in West Africa, conducting data collection and analysis to help ensure efficiency and relevancy throughout the project implementation and reporting.Long Description
- Develop a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan based on the project indicators and ensure follow up with the project team and partners;
- Assist in drafting the terms of reference of activities to ensure alignment with projects expected results and indicators.
- Regularly collate data from partners on activities implemented and help in verifying their quality and accuracy.
- Undertake, as per need, field visits to evaluate activities and crosscheck the quality and accuracy of data submitted by partners.
- Provide support to project team members in the planning, implementation and reporting of activities.
- Analyse collated data and reports submitted by partners and consultants in order to write high quality report upon request and as per schedule.
- Develop and maintain accurate information in a project database, as well as accurate and timely electronic files.
Master degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, M&E or other relevant academic background.
At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the M&E field.
Demonstrated experience in designing and executing M&E plan, conducting data collection, processing and analysis, and writing high quality report.
Demonstrated experience in writing high quality report with strong analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluating projects in the media sector.
Experience working with development organizations in the M&E field.
Working knowledge of UN and EU project reporting standards.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
Rename the “BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS” title to “APPLICATION PROCESS”, and use additional sections if required to add other relevant information.
Otherwise you can delete this section.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.