Consultant on Gender Equality and Institutional Capacity Development
To apply for this consultancy assignment, please check below link to veiw the terms of reference and other documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead UNDP’s support to the Ministry of Justice in the implementation of the Gender Equality Seal for the Ministry of Justice
- Support the establishment of a steering team at MOJ
- Organize and facilitate workshops with the steering team at MOJ
- Lead the data collection in accordance with the Seal benchmark matrix
- Complete the self-assessment in collaboration with the steering team
- Design the Seal Action Plan for implementation
- Manage all the trainings and capacity building events related to the project and support in the identification of the participants for the trainings and seminars;
- Develop an action plan for Seal engagement with the public sector in Jordan
- Prepare project related technical briefs, manuals, case studies and best practices
- Assist in developing programmatic and financial documentation to government stakeholders and relevant parties;
- Write reports on progress and provide inputs to annual reports, quarterly reports and donor reports.
- Contribute to and develop project concepts, proposals, documents and policy frameworks to ensure the incorporation of gender concerns and women empowerment issues from inception through implementation.
- Develop knowledge products on gender equality and women’s empowerment as it intersects SDG 16.
- Perform any other duties, as needed.
Please check below link
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, sociology, anthropology or similar field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in gender equality, diversity and change management, ISO implementation or similar certification programmes.
• Experience working in the justice sector and in public administration is an advantage
• Knowledge of the Jordanian central administration, planning systems and processes is desirable.
• Excellent skills in MS office.
• Fully proficient in English and Arabic languages, spoken and written;