Kenya Innovations Director
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-saharan Africa. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families. We're looking for an experienced, fiercely entrepreneurial, and humble leader to lead our innovation work in Kenya - aimed at building scalable solutions for smallholder farmers. In this role, you will direct several innovation portfolios - aiming to delivery high-quality products and services to as many smallholder farmers in Kenya as possible. You will help shape the 3-10 year strategy for the Kenya program (serve every farming community in Kenya), and instill this vision on the team, scope out projects, and then implement through their direct reports (portfolio leads). You will report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer - One Acre Fund Kenya.
- Lead several innovations portfolios, guiding the vision, execution, and scale of these projects. This will require strong management skills, and an ability to coach innovation portfolio leads to results.
- Manage the Innovation Lab / Innovation Department - a large team executing on complex innovation projects aimed at increasing impact for our customers, and increasing market penetration for our Kenya Program.
- Shape the vision, and create the strategy for the Kenya Program - outlining key innovation investments are needed to serve every farming community in Kenya.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- 8+ years of experience leading medium to large teams, working on complex projects
- Experience managing team performance and developing leaders
- Demonstrated ability taking innovations from ambiguous ideas to large-scale solutions
- Ability to both see and communicate the big picture strategy, while guiding the details of executing projects
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine leadership with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service and interested in joining our family of leaders.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.